All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Links of Interest

Old 01-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Answering those Admob stats - more to smartphones than RIM and iPhone

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. In which case it would be helpful if, sometimes, Tomi Ahonen actually did a few diagrams, to keep general article length down(!) His latest missive, "Repeat After Me: The Rival to the Blackberry is NOT the iPhone" is still well worth a read though, aimed at putting some much needed perspective into the tech world's obsession over each month's rather misleading Admob phone-browser-ad stats.

Read on in the full article.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

So-called analysts and experts are all American

Sorry to say this.. but those ignorant so called analysts and experts are usually American.. who do not know anything outside their country unfortunately and one market where Nokia does not do well in.

Yes.. its the sad truth of affair
Ads

Old 01-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

I got bored about half way through the blog post. But I have to take issue with the insistence that Blackberry is a corporate only device. Yes it was traditionally. But, in the last 12 months has really gone consumer. It is the device that 'normal' people want who just want to stay in touch. It makes the statement "I am not a smartphone geek". It has an understated cool, it doesn't say "look what I've got". It's just part of the modern way. As a result, I see more Blackberry devices out and about than any other. A Blackberry is the phone I would have if I didn't have this awful techie life.

Oh, and Hummers and Range Rovers are chalk and cheese, plus Hummer is almost finished as a brand. Ferrari's competitor must surely be the exclusive Lambo.
Porsches are two a penny and make big SUVs now.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:15 PM

Jonnycat26 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry to say this.. but those ignorant so called analysts and experts are usually American.. who do not know anything outside their country unfortunately and one market where Nokia does not do well in.

Yes.. its the sad truth of affair

Except this analyst is in Finland, and used to work for Nokia.

Try reading the article before you post, that way you won't look like such a moron.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Brendan Donegan

@Jonnycat26

I think it might be you who needs to read the article mate! If you did, you'd realise that it's about the ignorance of 'analysts' and therefore the comment above is perfectly valid. And indeed all of the analysts mentioned are American...

Old 04-04-2010, 06:21 AM

bchliu is on a distinguished road
Hahah. +1 to Brendan

Old 04-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Unregistered

Total agree with the 2nd post. Know so many people (typically in the 20-30 age bracket, in the UK AND US) that have either had an iPhone or were going to buy an iPhone, but opted for a Blackberry instead. To them the Blackberry messenger is the new SMS and the Blackberry Facebook client is a big thing.

So absolutely Backberry is a rival to the iPhone.