All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-04-2010, 06:55 AM

neeraj_chow is on a distinguished road
Question Nokia 6670 - Missing contact lists

I am not sure if I have posted my problem in the correct forum or not, but anyway here it is.

I have been using Nokia 6670 since past 3 years without any issue. Yesterday, when I started recieving calls from friends without their names being displayed, I realised that all contacts are missing from the phone. After re-boot, names are now displayed while recieving calls, but am unable to view any contacts and while in the contacts view only EXIT option is dispalyed and I cant even select that option to exit the app.

Can some one help me in understanding what is going on and how to go about rectifiying the issue ?

Thanks

Neeraj

Old 11-04-2010, 04:05 AM

flossy is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj_chow View Post
I am not sure if I have posted my problem in the correct forum or not, but anyway here it is.

I have been using Nokia 6670 since past 3 years without any issue. Yesterday, when I started recieving calls from friends without their names being displayed, I realised that all contacts are missing from the phone. After re-boot, names are now displayed while recieving calls, but am unable to view any contacts and while in the contacts view only EXIT option is dispalyed and I cant even select that option to exit the app.

Can some one help me in understanding what is going on and how to go about rectifiying the issue ?

Thanks

Neeraj

Hi Neeraj
I am having the same problem with my Nokia95. I just googled my problem and your query came up. I too have no contact list anywhere, and also only have Exit on the contact page. Yet name of caller comes up on phone, But I cannot add recipent to a sms as no contacts are listed. If I can remember the persone's no. I have to manually type it in the recipent space. It is a real worry which I cannot figure out. About 6 weeks ago there was a period of time when I would get empty line gaps (sometimes at least 4) bewteen names in my contact list. I then realised some contacts were going
missing. I managed to work out which ones were, then added them back in, but the gaps stayed there.
Hopefully someone can help us out. PLEASE PLEASE!

Cheers, Flossy
Ads

Old 03-06-2010, 05:45 AM

smithjon is on a distinguished road
please contact the mobile engineer ok by