All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 18-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Compass doesn't work!

Somebody has tried the pedestrian with compass?

Old 18-03-2010, 12:52 PM

pkwakman is on a distinguished road
The article states that version 3.03 is available for all S60 5th edition devices, but unfortunately it is still not available for the 5530 XpressMusic (maybe because it doesn't have builtin GPS?)

Old 18-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Thanks Nokia!

Old 18-03-2010, 06:54 PM

DKlaus is on a distinguished road
Great! Just a couple of days *after* I lost my patience and decided to pay for it...

Congratulations though, to all the rest of you! :-)

Old 18-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

pls help! using n86 software update download complete but installation failed. tried many times still the same. Any suggestions? my current firmware version is 21.006 n ovi maps v3.01. many thanks..

Old 18-03-2010, 10:26 PM

TheProdigalFool is on a distinguished road
Nothing in software update for me...

Well, there's a surprise, Software Update doesn't show anything other than Maps 3.1 for my unlocked, SIM-free, fully paid up N86 bought from the Nokia flagship store in London...

Then again, I'm still waiting for firmware 21 to show up on my phone too so I don't know why I'm surprised!

Nokia, any chance of updating all your phones not just a few randomly-chosen product codes!?
Ads

Old 21-03-2010, 05:34 AM
Unregistered

Angry

I'm having the same problems as TheProdigalFool above. So much for buying direct from Nokia. I feel as though my 400 odd pounds could have been spent better, the software on this phone has been TERRIBLE since I first got it. If it's not the software acting up, it's hardware and build problems (I write this from a N85 with dust under the camera lens that ruins photos, a non functioning navi wheel and a crack next to the menu buttons that causes the entire front plate to lift up). And this is from someone who takes care of his phones!! Company loyalty = fast fading.

Old 22-03-2010, 11:54 AM

davesmith is on a distinguished road
You can always change your phone's product code to a generic one. Just search the website how.
I bought mine in the nokia store and it turned out to have a specfic UK code. I changed it to a euro one and now when there is an update I get it 1st rather than wait a few months.

Old 22-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Thanks for the tip davesmith. Shame we have to go to such measures.

Old 29-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

Unfair!

Yeah, annoys me when I buy direct from nokia and get updates after the custom firmwares;
How can I tell what my firmware version is (i.e. I dont mean version number, but what that version number corresponds to);

Also, I am planning on a trip this weekend, if I put the e71 version on and take it off again will that cause much hassle?

Old 30-03-2010, 12:51 PM
new N86 user

how to update maps

hi everybody

i read that ovi maps with free guided navigation is now available in N86 8MP but i don't know how to have it...you've been talking about the update 3.3 but i don't know to do it...

can you guide me please (step by step) thank you

Old 19-06-2010, 06:04 PM
khiddo87

Guys i need some help

Hi to all of you guys, im having problems on updating my phone, i have sw version 20.115, im with rogers service provider (canada, quebec) and the problem is that every time i try to update my sw it tells me "no updates available," because i really want to get this ovi map turn-by-turn navigation for free. If anyone could help i would very much appreciate it!