All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-08-2007, 09:08 PM

sirius-c is on a distinguished road
Backup MMS & SMS? N95

I have used best message storer years ago, great app but my only gripe with it is that it is unable to backup MMS's.

Does anyone know of an application than can backup MMS and SMS in the same sort of fashion that best message storer does.

I tried SMS Diary and that is fantastic, as this generates HTML pages but alas no MMS (pics, sound etc).

My pc suite works fine but wont backup messages no matter what ive tried.

also where on my SD Card is the message folder, I like to manual backup if i can find no app

- Jimi Hendrix

There are 10 types of people in this world....Those who can read binary and those who cant!

Old 20-08-2007, 09:51 AM

pa49 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius-c View Post
I have used best message storer years ago, great app but my only gripe with it is that it is unable to backup MMS's.

Does anyone know of an application than can backup MMS and SMS in the same sort of fashion that best message storer does.

I tried SMS Diary and that is fantastic, as this generates HTML pages but alas no MMS (pics, sound etc).

My pc suite works fine but wont backup messages no matter what ive tried.

also where on my SD Card is the message folder, I like to manual backup if i can find no app
If you go into message/settings/other you can choose mem card for storage of messages. You then get the option to copy all messages to the card. Then change back to phone mem.
If you do this regularly it acts like a back up and your messages are there if you loose them on the phone!
However, I don't know if this includes MMS's as I don't ever use them! Give it a try!

Old 08-05-2010, 08:39 AM

stefanlind is on a distinguished road
SMS & MMS backup for Symbian^3

I am looking for an SMS & MMS diary/backup to HTML that will work with Symbian^3. Does it exist? Kind regards Stefan

Old 08-05-2010, 08:41 AM

SMS Diary

smsdiary.eu for Symbian S605th version is great but will not be developed for Symbian^3 unfortunelately. Stefan

Old 08-09-2010, 09:43 PM

SMS & MMS backup into HTML - Symbian

Does anyone know how to backup SMS and MMS in the new Symbian^3 system? I want them to be stored in an HTML-file. Kind regards Stefan