All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > S60 (Series 60) > Nokia N70, N72 and N90

Old 18-02-2006, 10:02 AM

Ratkat is on a distinguished road
Up yours Nokia, good old Vodafone...finally got my N70 back, well a new one anyway!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkat
I had my Vodafone N70 upgraded today to the new firmware at the Nokia service centre at Fareham......

........and it's now in the post on its way back to Nokia for repair after the upgrade failed.

Considering the phone was working fine, I have to say I wish I hadn't bothered getting it upgraded now, but hey such is life, I certainly won't bother in the future unless I have a real problem with the phone.

They tried both the Vodafone firmware and the generic Nokia one, both failed,
Well with my phone having been at Nokia (CRC Nottingham)for repair for over two months, I got pissed off and phoned them yet again.

After being told at the start of January that I was going to be sent a new phone they now backtracked and said I would be sent a reconditioned one, Ok I said and when is that going to happen, the reply I received was.....

We are waiting for some to break so that we can recondition them...this could talk between two to six months.

At this point I spat my dummy out and said that the two months I had waited was already unreasonable, and that I wasn't prepared to wait another week let alone six months.

The guys answer was basically tough, I'll give you the number for trading standards, take it up with them, I then asked to speak to a manager or supervisor.....he replied, sorry that is not possible.

After another ten minutes of asking to speak to his superior he put the phone down on me...tosser.

I then rang the Club Nokia helpline, no joy, they gave me an address to write too to complain, I tell them that Nokia's 24 month warrenty is worthless if they won't honour it, with a replacement unit, any other company would send new if a reconditioned unit was unavailable, but not Nokia they will keep you waiting for months.

At the point I am seething, so I ring Vodafone, they couldn't have been more helpful, they told me to ring Nokia and ask for my broken N70 to be returned to me, then when I had it back to ring them and arrange for it to be replaced direct from Vodafone.

So I rang Nokia, spoke to a much more helpful chap than before who arranged to have my broken phone returned. Less than 24 hours later I hold my broken N70 in my hand for the first time since early December.

Rang Vodafone and tomorrow morning they are sending a courier to pick up the broken phone and leave me with a nice new N70.

The man from Vodafone said I should have done this in the first place, and I really wish I had, I would have had a replacement in 24 hours instead of over two months.

So my advice to all those on contract whos phones have gone back to Nokia's CRC repair centre is, get them back and get your network to replace them, as the supplier they are legally bound to do so, and as I said Vodafone couldn't have been more helpful.

........and to Nokia's CRC repair centre I say go F*%k yourself

Cost Effective Web Design Nximedia
Ads

Old 18-02-2006, 10:03 AM

Ratkat is on a distinguished road
True to their word, Vodafone picked up the broken N70 and replaced it with a shiny new one

Cost Effective Web Design Nximedia