All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-10-2006, 12:50 PM

ausheikh is on a distinguished road
alessliber,

did you enable internet connection sharing on your LAN adaptor?

if you follow the procedure it should work.

i dont know why it restarts though, I wrote to Nokia about it, and they just replied that i should take my mobile to their workshop. they seem to think this is problem is specific to my phone, on the contrary it seems that this is a problem with phone or OS.

Old 19-10-2006, 06:24 PM

alessliber is on a distinguished road
Nokia

I think there is a problem with creating WLAN PCMCAI like a transmitter and not like reciever.

Thanx in advice anyway.

Old 22-11-2010, 07:52 AM

Franck-Ola is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Thank you very much man, it works now!!
Just connect directly to internet using the acces point created; no use to connect to the wifi ad-hoc network separately. Thank you again and good things ahead..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj Mathur View Post
Hi All,

This post might be useful to few who would like to utilize the WLAN capabilities of the 9500.
Scenario : I have a Centrino notebook with a LAN card and a Wireless card in built. The notebook has Windows XP professional loaded on it. The LAN card is connected to my office network through which we are able to access the internet. Thus I have created a ad hoc connection between my
notebook and the Nokia 9500 for internet access on my 9500, while I am in office.

if you have a similar situation....THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

The steps are as below:

1. Go to Control Panel > Network Connection and then right click the wireless card icon. Go to the wireless networks tab and below the preferred networks window click the add button. On the new form that opens, provide a network name, eg. WIRELESS, then change the network authentication to open and data encryption type to disabled. Additionally also tick the "This is a computer to computer (Ad Hoc) net....." option. On doing so click OK on the Wireless Network properties window and then on the wireless network connection properties window.

2. The LAN card is connected to the office network and has a preconfigured static IP address 192.168.1.75

3. After the LAN card has been configured to the office network, disconnect the network cable from the LAN card and go to Control Panel > Network Connection and then right click the LAN card icon. Go to the Advanced tab and enable internet connection sharing. Then click the settings button to enable the services that you would like to access on your Nokia 9500. For browsing and email at least enable HTTP, HTTPS, POP and SMTP. After that Click on OK on the Advanced Setting form and the Local Area connection properties form.

4. On doing this your wireless card would automatically be assigned an IP 192.168.0.1. (you don’t need to do anything here)

5. Now open the communicator interface of your Nokia 9500 and go to the control panel.

6. Navigate to connections and then to Wireless LAN (in the right Pane). Select wireless LAN and then go to the Networks tab. On Networks tab change the display to Ad HOC Networks. On changing to AD HOC networks you should see your notebook ad hoc connection with the name you defined in step 1.

7. Once you see your wireless ad hoc connection, press the “Create Access Point” button on the communicator (second button next to the screen). Create a access point and then press the done button.

8. Now in the control panel go to Connections and then navigate to “Internet Setup” in the right pane and select the same.

9. On the connections tab choose the access point that you just created and then press the edit button. Now press the “Advanced” button and navigate to the “IP Configuration” tab.
Following settings have to be set here:
Auto Retrieve IP: NO
IP Address: 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
Primary DNS: 192.168.0.1

That’s it….don’t change anything else. Just press the “DONE” button and come out.

Now open your browser and press the “Open Web Address” button and try a URL, say www.yahoo.com.
On doing so, you would be asked to choose a access point to connect. Choose the access point that you created earlier.

Does it work.
Do you see yahoo getting loaded.

Please write back for further clarifications.
Ads

Old 08-12-2010, 12:54 PM

Mak_themn is on a distinguished road
Internet Sharing WLAN AD HOC mode

Is there a way to get 100 "local mode" not the "test mode" for the n95, e65 etc..
specification of voltages, resistor between battery pins?