All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-10-2011, 08:34 PM

gargeeray is on a distinguished road
Question File manager organize move to folder option not working

I am having problem with tranferring data between the phone memory and the memory card.
I got a friend's memory card and inserted it in my phone, nokia 5800 xpressmusic. I copied some files to the phone memory from memory card, then removed the card, put in my own memory card and moved those files from the phone memory onto my memory card, basically i was moving files from one card to another, with the phone memory as intermediate. This worked for two or three rounds, but then once when i put my card back, clicked options, organize, move to folder, further options didn't appear, instead, the view went back to the applications root folder. So i am unable to transfer files from phone memory to memory card and vice versa. However this is happening only with my memory card, the phone's working fine with my friend's card, where i'm still able to organise using the file manager. What is the cause of this problem and what should i do to enable me to organize and transfer data again?
Kindly suggest appropriate solution.
Regards
Gargee

Old 09-10-2011, 04:08 AM

hummrubb is on a distinguished road
Do microSD cards have read-write tabs? Could that have been accidentally moved to the on position on your card?
Ads