All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-10-2009, 07:51 PM

MirkoSLO is on a distinguished road
Nokia E66 encryption - decryption problem...

Hi! I recently joined this forum , but i've been reading it for a while. I have a problem with my micro SD HC 8Gb. I've been playing with encryption function (encryption of memory card ),on my brend new NOKIA E66 and now it seems that I lost my information on SD card. But if i put SD card in other phone, there are pictures, and phonebook enteries, but I can't get to them (open or see them), because I encrypt my card. Is there any way I can solve this with a program or on my new nokia (I have been playing with decryption), but i did not help. Please!!

Pardon my French... (I'm not, english)

Old 13-02-2010, 03:45 PM

chrisp59 is on a distinguished road
I did exactly the same thing not two days ago. I thought I would try the remote locking feature on the phone. It worked fine. Then after unlocking my memory card was corrupt.
Top tip......Always have at least one back up of your data before experimenting.

Format the card and you will be ok-unfortunately without whatever was on your card!

Old 16-02-2010, 12:48 AM

Loom is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp59 View Post
I did exactly the same thing not two days ago. I thought I would try the remote locking feature on the phone. It worked fine. Then after unlocking my memory card was corrupt.
Top tip......Always have at least one back up of your data before experimenting.

Format the card and you will be ok-unfortunately without whatever was on your card!
Hey, I did exactly the same one day - tested out the remote locking feature. Then, much later, I took my phone to the service to change the broken display. When I got it back, the software was overwritten (and all my data in the phone memory lost. Argh!!!).

Back at home I inserted my memory card - my messages were fortunately there. BUT the phone had set a password to the card - which it now asked, as it didn't remember the card anymore with the reset, fresh software.

As I haven't set the password myself, I tried a few variants, all of them were incorrect. Then I tried my last idea - and it worked.

The password that the phone sets to the card during the remote lock is the first 8 symbols of the remote locking message! Hope this helps someone in the future. Then you can just remove the password by inserting it in the memory application and the card works in other devices and card readers as usual.

Have a good day!
Ads