All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-12-2009, 12:08 PM

xzinkx is on a distinguished road
Talking E71 battery draining problem. Come back from a care point, still faulty.

Hi there,
Basically about a month ago, my E71 battery started running out very quickly and the phone would get very hot to the touch. The battery would only hold about 2 hours charge. Also, when ever I put the phone on charge, it never finishes charging, it just keeps going and going. I tried changing the battery but the problem was not solved.

I have taken it to a nokia care point, had it sent off to a "higher level". and had the phone come back to me with a new housing, thats pretty much it, the problem still persists.

Spoke to the person at the care point this morning over the phone, and he told me "I'm sorry, you will have to bring the phone in again so it can be sent off to a higher level again; in the new year".

So basically, I have lost a months usage of the phone for nothing and i'm not really quite sure what to do. Is this a common problem in the E71 and is there and easy fix for it?

Regards and thanks

Old 22-12-2009, 01:38 PM

Ilgaz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzinkx View Post
Hi there,
Basically about a month ago, my E71 battery started running out very quickly and the phone would get very hot to the touch. The battery would only hold about 2 hours charge. Also, when ever I put the phone on charge, it never finishes charging, it just keeps going and going. I tried changing the battery but the problem was not solved.

I have taken it to a nokia care point, had it sent off to a "higher level". and had the phone come back to me with a new housing, thats pretty much it, the problem still persists.

Spoke to the person at the care point this morning over the phone, and he told me "I'm sorry, you will have to bring the phone in again so it can be sent off to a higher level again; in the new year".

So basically, I have lost a months usage of the phone for nothing and i'm not really quite sure what to do. Is this a common problem in the E71 and is there and easy fix for it?

Regards and thanks
That really really sounds like a software problem. There is no battery which can hold energy for such CPU load (from symptoms you describe). I think you have some software stuck at background either official or third party.

I think you should backup your phone to memory card, remove the memory card (use power button menu first), reinstall/update to latest firmware using Nokia Software Updater.

OR, you use Nokia PC Suite to backup your phone, reinstall/update firmware and SELECTIVELY restore just messages, contacts since it sounds like a 3rd party application is causing that.

Old 23-12-2009, 01:33 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Broken Battery ?

Normally an E71 is known for a long batterylife . Also the battery can be the problem . Did you try another battery , to see what happens ?

Regards jApi NL
Ads