All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 15-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
IAM GAY N97 updates - N-Gage, Ovi Maps 3 and more

Nokia have made available a number of new and updated applications for the N97 through the device's 'Software update' application. They include Ovi Maps 3.1, N-Gage 1.3, Nokia Messaging 10.0, Ovi Contacts 1.20, and a small helper application for freeing space on the N97's internal C: drive. Read on for more information and screenshots.

Read on in the full article.

Old 15-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Glad to see they're finally using the SW Update app fully, the flashlite 3.1 update for the 5800 was cool, but they need to deliver more stuff using it. I'll never understand why the Ovi Store app was only available on Download!

Old 15-07-2009, 07:55 PM

Gerco is on a distinguished road
I'm wondering whether these updates are also region specific. I'm in The Netherlands and I do not see any updates yet in the tool. Strangely enough I do not see the tool connecting to the internet either (or asking for it) to check for updates online. Also a 'Manual check for updates' is not available.

Last edited by Gerco; 15-07-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Old 15-07-2009, 08:13 PM
francorg

The Disk C: update is installed as "Web Browser Update" v7.01(1), you may find it in the installed applications.

Nothing changed in the settings section of the web browser, maybe is just a way to clean the web cache before installing Maps and NGage updates.

Old 15-07-2009, 08:59 PM

PaulyLaw is on a distinguished road
Hmmm .. I have installed N-Gage onto my N97 but cant see all the games, notably Million Dollor Poker, Dance Fabulous and Reset Generation and more.

Anyone think of a reason?

Old 15-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
The N97 currently only supports a limited sub set of the N-Gage games. This is due to some of the changes need to support the different style of device (screen size, hardware etc.). We'll try and find out some more information about this.

Old 15-07-2009, 09:42 PM

eccleshill is on a distinguished road
I'm in the UK & SW Update states my software is up-to-date. Mind you, I'm with 3 so it may take a little time...

Old 15-07-2009, 10:37 PM

Seft is on a distinguished road
I'm having problems installing some of the updates :(

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=85819

Old 16-07-2009, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

I am in the US, and have tried five times today, but so far no updates available. I waited a long time for this phone, but hope that the performance can improve through ROM updates and software tweaks!

Old 16-07-2009, 02:29 AM

namtastic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerco View Post
I'm wondering whether these updates are also region specific. I'm in The Netherlands and I do not see any updates yet in the tool. Strangely enough I do not see the tool connecting to the internet either (or asking for it) to check for updates online. Also a 'Manual check for updates' is not available.
I am RIGHT there with you, man. I think the Software Update app on the phone might be buggy and just not working at all on some handsets. I've only seen this thing connect to check updates online once (a few days after launch) and that's it. It's always reported everything is up to date, it doesn't check when it is launched, and there is no manual refresh option/button available.

I wouldn't mind it so much if N-Gage was downloadable from the website, but only 1.2x is being hosted there. And I have no idea if there's anywhere else besides SW Update to grab this Disk C: memory fix.

Last edited by namtastic; 16-07-2009 at 03:50 AM.

Old 16-07-2009, 02:54 AM
Unregistered

You are making sure that you are using the Software Updater in Applications and not the NSU right? There is no "phone" update but only software for the phone. I say this because I initially tried to update the phone first.

Old 16-07-2009, 03:33 AM
tehuti

I'm getting a failed install too. NAM version.

Old 16-07-2009, 04:32 AM

onejap is on a distinguished road
am in the US; download via SW update succesful.

NAM edition
Ads

Old 16-07-2009, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

software update successful

middle east edition software update sucessful...

does anyone have problem with the messaging app automatically changing from mass memory to phone memory everytime the file mamager app is used?

did this phone memory update fix that problem also coz it doesnt seem to be happening now...

any ideas guys?

thanx

raghu102

Old 16-07-2009, 06:15 AM

Berty is on a distinguished road
No new stuff showing up on my UK unbranded model. Did do a product code number change to the Euro one the other week for the firmware update.

All I have is the awful Nokia Messaging which I'd love to delete off SW Update as it's useless.

No new apps showing up on SW Update and no way of refreshing or updating that I can work out.

Any ideas???