All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60 > N-Gage

Old 19-01-2009, 07:53 AM

puterman is on a distinguished road
Lots of unfounded speculations about this and that here...

Greater screen resolution doesn't just affect 3d graphics, it affects 2d in the same way (a greater number of pixels to render and copy to the framebuffer). With this CPU/resolution factor, it's quite likely that just blitting to the framebuffer is a large part of the cost of running the games. Given just the amount of data that needs to be pushed every frame, just blitting probably limits the theoretical top performance at a pretty low number.

There are no specific tweaks for the 5th edition that you could use to increase the performance of these games to a significant degree. There are no magic new API:s that you can call to get things running faster.

N-Gage games do not run in any sort of emulation, that the format of the game file is not an exe doesn't matter.

Old 19-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Greater screen resolution doesn't just affect 3d graphics, it affects 2d in the same way
Yes, but 3D tends to be much more difficult to do, so problems from increased screen resolution are much more noticeable in 3D games.

A computer can do smooth 2D graphics without being able to do smooth 3D graphics.

Quote:
Lots of unfounded speculations about this and that here...
Semi-founded speculation. ;-)

Old 27-01-2009, 09:05 AM

beatmag is on a distinguished road
Nokia please put 3DHW into the N97.....
you cant possibly want to save a few $$$$ and cripple your high end handset for another year......

you did this to the n96 already and n85, and whatever phones that came out in 2008.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

bounce controls nokia 5800

i'm having great trouble with the controls for bounce touch for nokia 5800. I have played for several hours and can't get past the first level...my bounce can't get up on the steps to the left, and instead keeps plunging to his death each time. Can anyone explain how to do this exactly? Or at least point me to a website that has the instructions?thanx. Katie

Old 10-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Bounce controls with touch

Katie, you need to rotate the screen. Do this by holding the stylus on the far left of the screen mid-way up until bounce is facing the steps. Now double tap to jump up on to the steps. Hope this helps, Neil

Old 17-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Abby

Question Touch Bounce

i'm having great trouble with the controls for bounce touch for nokia 5800. I have played for several hours and can't get past the fifth level...my bounce can't get pass the first step and instead keeps plunging to his death each time. Can anyone explain how to do this exactly? Or at least point me to a website that has the instructions? Abby
Ads

Old 04-08-2010, 02:34 AM
Unregistered

Lightbulb

hey. How could i pass the fifth level of the bounce touch on nokia 5530 edgard