All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 12-03-2005, 12:20 AM
revolversoul revolversoul is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6
revolversoul is on a distinguished road
P910i Movies?

Ive been searching the internet for some information for playing horizontal widescreen movies or music videos etc on the P910i but cant find anything. Has anyone done this? If so, what did you use to convert the movies/clips, what software did you use and do you know the maximum frame rate of the p910i? I ask this because I only know of SMARTMOVIE but it only runs at 15fps which is too slow. Im sure movies would look great on the huge P910i screen running at around 23fps or even up to 29fps like the sony psp if its possible. Im surprised I havent found any info on this anywhere.

  #2  
Old 12-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Bigfeat's Avatar
Bigfeat Bigfeat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 402
Bigfeat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolversoul
Ive been searching the internet for some information for playing horizontal widescreen movies or music videos etc on the P910i but cant find anything. Has anyone done this? If so, what did you use to convert the movies/clips, what software did you use and do you know the maximum frame rate of the p910i? I ask this because I only know of SMARTMOVIE but it only runs at 15fps which is too slow. Im sure movies would look great on the huge P910i screen running at around 23fps or even up to 29fps like the sony psp if its possible. Im surprised I havent found any info on this anywhere.
This has been possible since the release of the P800 m8. I have been able to create files for my P910 and Sony PSP as well. There is software that would allow you to do what it is that you want to do. The issue is knowing how a bit about the different file formats and how the relate to different medium.


__________________
Breathe iT__Smell iT__Taste iT__Feel iT

B I G F E A T E N T E R T A I N M E N T



  #3  
Old 12-03-2005, 01:54 AM
revolversoul revolversoul is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6
revolversoul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfeat
This has been possible since the release of the P800 m8. I have been able to create files for my P910 and Sony PSP as well. There is software that would allow you to do what it is that you want to do. The issue is knowing how a bit about the different file formats and how the relate to different medium.


Thanks for replying. How does the p910i compare to the psp mpeg4s ? Do they run as fast on the p910i as on the psp? What software did you use for spiderman 2? Ive used rapiz and sony image converter 2.1 for the psp. Do you use the same software for the p910i? I really dont want to go with smartmovie because of the low frame rate. BTW, I dont own a p910i yet or Id try it out myself

thanks
Kall

  #4  
Old 12-03-2005, 02:16 AM
Bigfeat's Avatar
Bigfeat Bigfeat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 402
Bigfeat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolversoul
Thanks for replying. How does the p910i compare to the psp mpeg4s ? Do they run as fast on the p910i as on the psp? What software did you use for spiderman 2? Ive used rapiz and sony image converter 2.1 for the psp. Do you use the same software for the p910i? I really dont want to go with smartmovie because of the low frame rate. BTW, I dont own a p910i yet or Id try it out myself

thanks
Kall
The P910 files are actually formatted to diVx and 3GPP profiles. I rarely use the mpeg4 format much anymore. Although they run at a different rate on the P910 it is quite watchable. I noticed the PSP still has some hicups, but converting movies for the unit was quite simple. I actually use some proprietary software that gives me the flexibility of converting a wide variety of files to formats suitable for mobile devices. So I really couldn't help you on settings. However, there are plenty of consumer software available for your immediate needs. I suggest you simply search the forum for some user feedback.
__________________
Breathe iT__Smell iT__Taste iT__Feel iT

B I G F E A T E N T E R T A I N M E N T


Ads

  #5  
Old 12-03-2005, 11:14 PM
revolversoul revolversoul is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6
revolversoul is on a distinguished road
Whats the maximum frame rate for playing movies on the p910i?
 

Bookmarks

Tags
movies, p910i

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Gift from me to the N-Gage community: WATCH MOVIES ON YOUR N-GAGE!!! yes its free! symbiamaniac Nokia N-Gage and N-Gage QD 77 24-05-2005 05:25 PM
Switching from P900 to P910i Roaders Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910 3 27-02-2005 02:54 AM
N6630 against SE P910i Utenteanonimo64 Nokia 6630, 6680, 6681 and 6682 4 12-02-2005 01:11 PM
Cannot restore backed up P800 files onto P910i Tegne Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910 4 25-11-2004 11:26 PM
P910i Support page up: Interesting stuff there!! Delta737 Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910 5 13-09-2004 02:31 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:33 AM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy