All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-01-2002, 10:24 AM

Shadoe is on a distinguished road
When i recieve an sms, where does it go?
on the Phone or on the Card?
can i see the message with the windows explorer?
i ordered a 64MB card because i think the card that came with it is too small. i can only recieve 2 sms's and the mail is full.
or is it not correct configured?
does anyone know?
[addsig]

Old 06-01-2002, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

SwitchBlade is on a distinguished road
By default they are stored in the phone's internal memory (C), hence this will only store as many SMS messages as there is free space on that drive.
Go to Messaging, press Shift+Ctrl+X, go to the Memory tab then change the selection to memory card, you should then have more free space (as much as the card has) for storing your messages.

Flipside
A weekly science fiction serial by me, written on a 9500/E90.

Old 06-01-2002, 04:38 PM

hazy1uk is on a distinguished road
A while ago I was trying to create more memory on c so i installed all_nokia_data to d drive. I've had no problems whatsoever, but, when i use my e-mail account i have to have all messages stored on d or i have no account details, but doing this i have no sms details. Then if i want to sms i have to switch the storage to c drive whereupon my e-mail details dissappear but i can send and recieve sms. I can recieve sms if my messages are stored on d but cannot read them (note not found). What i'm trying to say is that even if you install all_nokia_data onto d drive the sms section still seems to want to be on c
I've thought about shifting the folders but i've had so many formats/backups and reboots that i'm scared to play anymore without assistance. Aaaahh well, such is life. [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2002, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

SwitchBlade is on a distinguished road
Oh poo, that means that my suggestion won't work, ah well, try clearing space on the C instead.

Flipside
A weekly science fiction serial by me, written on a 9500/E90.

Old 06-01-2002, 09:51 PM

KayonLord is on a distinguished road
I run sms and email from the d not problems at all... Well almost none hehe!
Some times when i sms arives my phone switches to c for some odd reason dont know y... Then i get the note not found error! But this only happens about 1ce a week...
Just in case when u switch the mail forlders the is an option to move mail first... But sure every1 noticed that.

Old 08-01-2002, 05:34 PM

hazy1uk is on a distinguished road
Yeah, i've noticed that, but, when i change drives it says it is transferring the data but it doesn't actually do it! These aren't the kind of problems that make me want to send my phone for a swim but they do dissappoint me.