All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-07-2011, 05:49 AM

shreyu is on a distinguished road
OVI Store not installing

Hi all,

I am currently using an N8. I recently did a master reset (*#7370#) on my phone, and re-installed OVI store. Now, whenever I try to open the store, it just says "Welcome to Store - Loading", (the green and whilte page) and the page just gets stuck there. Nothing happens after that.

What can be the problem here? Can anyone please help me with that?

Thanks,

Shreyans
Ads

Old 31-08-2011, 03:23 AM

fdruid is on a distinguished road
Try getting to the Store app's menu, then to the Account. I could log in through that.

Old 31-08-2011, 09:23 AM

xcatch22x is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdruid View Post
Try getting to the Store app's menu, then to the Account. I could log in through that.
And if this doesn't work try installing the QT files again. Check Nokia Discussions for details.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:55 PM

Psioneer is on a distinguished road
I have the same problem Ovi Store just says 'loading' and goes nowhere. Must be a QT isssue it normally is.

I have contacted Nokia Support who basically suggested doing a 'Delete data and restore' (Settings>Phone>Phone Management>Factory Settings) before reinstalling the updates. I tried this and it failed.

I have also done the '3 finger salute' reset and reinstalled and failed.

I have also followed the instructions included in the Anna trouble shooting guide:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...g/td-p/1127953

Again I followed these with no result.

What frustrates me is that (paid for) apps cannot generally be saved to the PC from Ovi Store. Where ever possible I therefore avoid purchasing from Ovi and thus I do have copies of my most used apps eg HanDbase, Projekt and Handy Safe Pro. However there are a couple of paid for apps that I just cannot access at the moment.

Really not sure what to try next.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:40 AM

martynb is on a distinguished road
I also had major problems with this same Ovi store issue after updating my E7. My solution was perseverence. I made many 'delete data and restore's, then re-install phone software through Ovi suite, phone re-boot, then the 2 Anna updates OTA, phone re-boot, and then (after many attempts) the 3 Qt installation files, phone reboot.
Once those Qt files were finally accepted and installed without that error code 300, everything worked perfectly. And now my E7 works super-smooth, a pleasure to use (apart from battery life and no-macro camera, but that's another story....)
It's all very trial-and-error which is poor show from Nokia, is there some good reason why they can't just include the Qt files into the firmware updates and make it a genuine clean install?

Old 06-09-2011, 01:32 PM

willem hordijk is on a distinguished road
http://dl.nokia.com/ns/sdo/QtSA4.7.301.sisx

http://dl.nokia.com/ns/sdo/QtWebkitSA4.8.0.sisx

http://dl.nokia.com/ns/sdo/QtMobilitySA1.1.301.sis

use this 3 files install these in de c root of your device.