All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #16  
Old 11-11-2007, 12:31 PM
zxon's Avatar
zxon zxon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chapel-en-le-Frith, UK
Posts: 1,256
zxon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddles View Post
I also had been having probs with this signing procedure ,then a couple of days ago read this post

"Free prorgram for easy signing and wizard to help signing up for certificates & keyfile:

http://javawag.googlepages.com/quicksignsis "

was Peter321 who posted link in another thread and many thanks to him , it has an easy to follow wizard and I managed to sign my sis first time
I've just tried this and it worked like a charm! Thanks for the link
__________________
Phone History

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

  #17  
Old 12-11-2007, 02:21 AM
Unplugged Unplugged is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 582
Unplugged is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa49 View Post
An official, not blocked IMEI no. can be used to resurect a stolen, blocked phone and run up a bill on your phone account.
If you are happy with that carry on!
Not true while yes it can be assigned to another handset and allow the use of one with a blocked imei you actually register on the network with your Sim number. the IMEI is simply provided in the handshaking process so it its blocked the phone will not gain access. you cant use someones IMEI number to make calls on their bill or account.
__________________

  #18  
Old 12-11-2007, 08:28 AM
kontraband's Avatar
kontraband kontraband is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,666
kontraband is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa49 View Post
An official, not blocked IMEI no. can be used to resurect a stolen, blocked phone and run up a bill on your phone account.
If you are happy with that carry on!
NO no no no... not true... IMEI is only used as a verification id in the handshaking for connecting... someones not gonna start calling AbuDhabi 24/7 and run up your phone bills just cause they have your IMEI...

EDIT>> Shoulda read page 2 before I commented... but I guess we are saying the same thing...
Ads

  #19  
Old 14-11-2007, 01:48 AM
ROBSKI's Avatar
ROBSKI ROBSKI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 43
ROBSKI is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kontraband View Post
NO no no no... not true... IMEI is only used as a verification id in the handshaking for connecting... someones not gonna start calling AbuDhabi 24/7 and run up your phone bills just cause they have your IMEI...

EDIT>> Shoulda read page 2 before I commented... but I guess we are saying the same thing...
So I can post my IMEI in a PM and I wont be ripped off?

Thanks kontraband

Robski

  #20  
Old 14-11-2007, 08:02 AM
kontraband's Avatar
kontraband kontraband is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,666
kontraband is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBSKI View Post
So I can post my IMEI in a PM and I wont be ripped off?

Thanks kontraband

Robski
Its your choice, its personal data to your phone, so make sure if you DO give it anyone your happy to do so. I find it hard to find a way to rip you off with just your IMEI number.

  #21  
Old 14-11-2007, 08:10 AM
3Shirts 3Shirts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,285
3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kontraband View Post
Its your choice, its personal data to your phone, so make sure if you DO give it anyone your happy to do so. I find it hard to find a way to rip you off with just your IMEI number.
Some one could report a handset stolen with it though and have it blocked. No gain to them but some people are arseholes

  #22  
Old 14-11-2007, 08:19 AM
kontraband's Avatar
kontraband kontraband is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,666
kontraband is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shirts View Post
Some one could report a handset stolen with it though and have it blocked. No gain to them but some people are arseholes

You'd need a few more details to get a phone blocked than just saying hello my IMEI is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX block it, but yeah... I agree with your last part!

  #23  
Old 06-12-2007, 07:32 AM
angelbulas angelbulas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1
angelbulas is on a distinguished road
can you do me a favor?

I cant register any email account for sign rotate me, can anyone sign it for me, please? mi imei is 352255011765983, thanks
 

Bookmarks

Tags
files, signed, sis

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:46 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy