All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-12-2004, 06:32 AM

Pepper Puppy is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Copying contacts from phone memory to SIM - is it possible?

Hi! I'm new here... ...but I have had my 3650 for almost a year now. There are still things I haven't figured out. Here's one of them:

Many people have phones that allow them to store their contacts directly on their SIM card. While I know the Nokia 3650 has the option "Sim Contacts" to manually add contacts to the SIM, I'd like to know if it is possible to copy over all of the contacts at once, directly from the phone memory, keeping in tact every detail such as people's individual numbers (home & mobile, etc.) the ring tone I have for them, etc. I've not been able to figure this out - maybe there's a program (free) to do it?

Thanks.

Old 22-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
Sorry,there isn't.The only way to copy them would be manual,and additional details will be lost.IIRC a contact with two numbers is split in two etc etc.Search the forums.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.
Ads

Old 25-12-2004, 05:00 PM

mrhammad is on a distinguished road
Wink Contact Manager

well i have found a software which will only give u the options u can save for urself it wont copy all the contacts to your sim card but it will make a csv file which u can open in the MS Excel. and u can save this file in ur computer by Irda or Blutooth and u can restore your contacts in symbian again in phone memory. The software is contact Manager.

Old 25-12-2004, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhammad
well i have found a software which will only give u the options u can save for urself it wont copy all the contacts to your sim card but it will make a csv file which u can open in the MS Excel. and u can save this file in ur computer by Irda or Blutooth and u can restore your contacts in symbian again in phone memory. The software is contact Manager.
And this is relevant,why?

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.