All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Connect Your Mac to Your Symbian Phone

Christopher's been looking at "High Speed Data" from Nova Media, which is a Mac based application that allows you to use the GSM, GPRS, EDGE or HSCSD data connectivity of your phone to get online from your Apple. Read his review to find out why he likes it so much.
-- Twitter: @ewan
Ads

Old 20-08-2004, 12:38 PM

Dusty is on a distinguished road
This sounds nice, & is probably worth it to some people in terms of saving time, or if they're not so experienced with MacOS X.

I have to say, though, that I have the same setup as the reviewer (12" Powerbook, N-Gage), & I managed to get my gear to do all of this without buying a 3rd-party app. I can use any of GSM, GPRS & HSCSD connections. If you're not afraid of using his scripts & howto doc, check out Ross Barkman's homepage - it's the biz for this sort of thing.

Anyway, it's nice to see that some developers are aware that Mac users have smartphones too (Nokia, I'm looking at you now...). FWIW, I'd also recommend Jonas Salling's "Clicker" program: truly awesome. Dunno if Romeo's as good, but it's free, so that might work nicely as a student alternative?