All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 23-07-2004, 03:48 AM
Tyler

Changing or deleting the 7610 Operator Logo for beginners

3 Simple steps in changing your operator Logo for the 7610

1. If you already have an operator logo then you can proceed to step 2, if not you can download operator logos at this site www.symbianthemes.com Store the image in ur mmc memory or phone memory.
2. Download FExplorer at this site http://users.skynet.be/domi/download.html
3. Install it on your 7610. Using FExplorer browse to the image you want to use as an operator logo(if u stored it in ur mmc memory then it can be found in E:\Images) then click “options” then “File”, scroll down then click “set as operator logo”. The phone will reset and voila you have a new operator logo for ur swank 7610 phone.

2 Simple steps in Deleting an operator logo

1. Using FExplorer go to Drive C:/system/Apps/Phone/Oplogo
2. Delete the the bmp file inside Oplogo folder. Restart your phone.

Old 17-10-2004, 04:13 PM
del Toro

I´m trying to get rid of mt oplogo (it´s covering Britney´s face on my Britney-theme =).

I tried using FEx, but when I tried to find the file, it wasn´t there. Actually I couldn´t any .bmp file on the phone at all. Much less a catalogue named "oplogo". I reached "C:/system/Apps/" but there wasn´t a cat named "phone" either. Hmm... could it be my evil operator trying to hide the logo from me?

Any assistance would be nice.

Old 17-10-2004, 04:35 PM

silkshadow is on a distinguished road
Thanks for that tip Tyler! I really appreciate it!

Quick question, I see the Nokia holding hands thing when I boot up and then it goes right into the standy screen. Does that mean I have no operator logo right now? When should the op logo appear? Thanks!
Ads

Old 17-10-2004, 06:22 PM

elton is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by del Toro
I´m trying to get rid of mt oplogo (it´s covering Britney´s face on my Britney-theme =).

I tried using FEx, but when I tried to find the file, it wasn´t there. Actually I couldn´t any .bmp file on the phone at all. Much less a catalogue named "oplogo". I reached "C:/system/Apps/" but there wasn´t a cat named "phone" either. Hmm... could it be my evil operator trying to hide the logo from me?

Any assistance would be nice.
The default text of your operators name is not an oplogo,its just text that is stored in the rom drive,so you cant delete it.

You can however make a transparent logo (search 6600 themes forum).
Or post the theme file here and i will make you a blank one to apply using the above method!

As you are a guest you will need to register to add an attachment.

Old 17-10-2004, 06:47 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
The operator logo appears at the top of the display on the standby/idle screen (in place of the operator's name that's there by default, if there is no logo).

Old 20-10-2004, 10:40 AM

silkshadow is on a distinguished road
Thanks! Guess I have no operator logo. Humm, more customization yea! Guess I'll add one.