All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-11-2004, 11:18 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
The 6230 will, as far as I know, only handle .3gp (MPEG-4 variant specified for Multimedia Message Service, MMS use by the 3GPP). You could use the Nokia Multimedia Player (part of PC Suite, http://www.nokia.com/pcsuite) to convert video files in various formats to .3gp.

Old 16-01-2005, 06:26 PM

pogi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikrr
6230 ... Best phone in the market, I feel... I woulda LOVED the functionality that a Symbian would offer, but the damn Nokia Symbians are just too bulky and clumsy to handle ...

Heres a teeny question on the 6230 ... I got me a bluetooth dongle and i works fine with this phone ... Now, I want to enable Internet sharing on my system and use my PC's internet connection thru my phone ... The Bluetooth Adapter's software does support this feature, and I enabled everything and it says that the connection is being shared ... BUT, I hae NO clue what I need to do to my phone to get it to connect ... I assume that one would leave the Data Bearer as GPRS, but I have no clue what I should set the 'Access Point' as ... Anybody have any clue how to get this done???

Incase I babbled too much up there ... what I need is to use my PC's internet connection on my phone, with the help of a bluetooth dongle/adaptor ... Possible?

Thanks...
Hello All,

I was just wondring .... if this is possible. Using your PC's internet connection on a nokia 6230 with the help of a bluetooth dongle/adaptor.

Any luck on this karthikrr??

I appreciate your replys. Thanks so much in advance.

Old 06-02-2005, 02:52 AM
Getty

Smile Dongle

Can I use my dongle to connect and transfer files to my phone wothout using any softwares?

Old 01-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Kevinherring

Lets face it, nokia had the chance to make an awesome ipod alternative and they royally f****ed it up.
The music software on the phone is a joke.

Having to create playlists just to listen to a whole album in different folders is unbelievable. What possible reason could there be for this?

All they had to do was produce a reasonable copy of the ipod interface and they could have been onto an absolute winner. In fact if they'd let MS do the music player we could even play wma files. Good one Nokia.

The headphone situation is annoying too, but at least you can get around that.
Ads

Old 03-03-2005, 03:30 PM

Orophin Anwarunya is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinherring
Lets face it, nokia had the chance to make an awesome ipod alternative and they royally f****ed it up.
The music software on the phone is a joke.

Having to create playlists just to listen to a whole album in different folders is unbelievable. What possible reason could there be for this?

All they had to do was produce a reasonable copy of the ipod interface and they could have been onto an absolute winner. In fact if they'd let MS do the music player we could even play wma files. Good one Nokia.

The headphone situation is annoying too, but at least you can get around that.
Codswallop!!!

|\__/|
( ^_^)

Old 23-04-2005, 02:36 PM
curiousUser

Cool nokia 6230 mp3 player max bitrate

Who knows what is the highest bitrate of mp3 songs the device plays ?