All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-04-2004, 09:53 AM

Orophin Anwarunya is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta737
Even better news for potential nokia 6230 buyers. The well known and respected german magazine "connect" tested it, and put it on 1st place, beating the SE T630 (the P900 is still in first place in the smartphone-list though )
Now thats just kool!! but why does that P900 have to taunt me so.....? :P

p.s..the 7650 stays!!!

|\__/|
( ^_^)
Ads

Old 26-04-2004, 08:02 PM

evobit is on a distinguished road
I tried using a p900 for a weekend, decided I'm not ready to move into the pda smartphone market just yet, so 6230 here i come

Old 09-05-2004, 08:16 AM

steed is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin Anwarunya
the Nokia 6230 is the Symbian phone that never was. At least thats what I think.

Personally, see it as a near perfect device for my needs. it even surpases the 6600 and even the 7610. it has STEREO radio and mp3 playback, which since my beloved 5510 is an important aspect in my next purchase....that and price.

the 7650 has served me well, but now i just find it and many other new phones lacking in that crucial audio area. if only the 6230 was symbian.

its sad, but i will have to put my 7650 on mothballs for the forseeable future, until a worthy symbian comes by. for the meantime, it will have to be the sleek, neat and robust(functionally) 6230.

hi i have the 6230 and is a fantastic phone .....music radio video photo memory card....
well this morning is all gone all i get is screen and then it goes off
what happend ?
can i format the phone?
did this happen to any one ? can any one help ?

Old 09-05-2004, 08:03 PM

MemphisX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by steed
hi i have the 6230 and is a fantastic phone .....music radio video photo memory card....
well this morning is all gone all i get is screen and then it goes off
what happend ?
can i format the phone?
did this happen to any one ? can any one help ?
Ha. Typical Nokia phone. As far as I know the *#7370# code for formating the internal memory is universal for all Nokia Phones. But I don't think it will work as long as the device cannot even boot. So send it to a N.S.C.

Not everyone is meant to make a difference.
But for me the choice to live an ordinary life is no longer an option.

If there was no GOD it would be neccessary to invent him.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:16 AM

steed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisX
Ha. Typical Nokia phone. As far as I know the *#7370# code for formating the internal memory is universal for all Nokia Phones. But I don't think it will work as long as the device cannot even boot. So send it to a N.S.C.

thanks MemphisX but is like u say "will not work as long as the device cannot even boot" i hade the same problem whit my old nokia comuncator 9210 i but the comunicator all u need to do is take off batterty enter the key 6 snd backspace it will format it or somthing like that whit the 6230 i donno what to do ..too new ?
whatever for now is back in the box and ..hmm i miss it is a damm good toy for now i think it mast have been that i install about 10 games in it and some video ..extra

Old 12-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Jonny K 6230

Thumbs up help im lost

wow i hope someone can help here you all seem to know what your are talking about!! i just got a 6230 but i dont really know all that much about phones. i do have knowledge of how to use everything that was on a 5100 but thats as good as it gets. i am figuring stuff out but basically i would like to know questions such as.... r there wap sites or ways i can download mp3's on my 6230 without using a pc? i do know how to operate wap etc for downloading ringtones and stuff. also any sites to download videos and stuff.

ps: anyone got any usefull hints and tips for me about anything i should know?? thanks for reading this if anyone did.

Old 15-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Banned

LAuRA is on a distinguished road
My husband decided to get a new phone. He had two guiding principles in mind:
1) he does not want a camera phone, he doesn't need one, it's ridiculous he said
2) he does not want fancy music equipment, there are no FM channels he'd like to listen anyways he said

I said I've heard some really good reviews on this nifty little phone Nokia 6320...

Then we went to the shop, and now he's got one

Old 17-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Job

Got a 6230, it is the dogs bollox, few problems though, can't seem to return to the main screen easliy while running an app, no 'home' button like the 6600.

When hitting a pic link in WAP it aks you where you want to download it too, that can be good or bad, but it can download much bigger files than the 6600, puts them straight on the card...very nice.

Stereo radio/mp3 play..totally superb, but no series 60 apps :(

What the fuck are Nokia doing?

If this had been series 60 it would have destroyed the competition.

But why oh whyohwhy don't they standardise WAP applications, evey goddam Nokia phone handles content in a different way, no wonder there is so little out there, no one can be arsed setting up for all the different phones.

I've given up with my site and stick to series 60 phones.

Old 17-05-2004, 07:44 PM

Delta737 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job
Got a 6230, it is the dogs bollox, few problems though, can't seem to return to the main screen easliy while running an app, no 'home' button like the 6600.
I don't know if it's still the case with the 6230, but on my old 7210 (also series 40) you could just push the red (end call) button, and then you returned to the main screen. But as I said, I can't garantie that this still works with the 6230

Old 19-05-2004, 05:45 PM

Orophin Anwarunya is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAuRA
My husband decided to get a new phone. He had two guiding principles in mind:
1) he does not want a camera phone, he doesn't need one, it's ridiculous he said
2) he does not want fancy music equipment, there are no FM channels he'd like to listen anyways he said

I said I've heard some really good reviews on this nifty little phone Nokia 6320...

Then we went to the shop, and now he's got one
[TARGET] : GRUMPY OLD HUBBY

[SOLUTION] : NOKIA 6230 + COOL WIFE

[RESULT] : HAPPY CAMPER!

hehe, good job Laura!

|\__/|
( ^_^)

Old 24-05-2004, 01:56 PM

azzy is on a distinguished road
Smile Question

Hi All.

I have a nokia 6230 and i have got music files saved in the memory card, the problem is when i want to go into the memory card it will take over 1 minute to go into and over 1 minute to play the audio file. Please help

Old 27-05-2004, 07:33 AM

evobit is on a distinguished road
Just bought a 6230 for the gf. She's loving it. Replaces her 3650 which was always too big anyways...

After playing around with it, it's still not a patch on a symbian phone. Sure it does nearly everything you could ever want, but there's the 'symbian factor' missing.. didn't think it would be such a big part of the makeup of the phone... but I just can't go back....

Old 01-06-2004, 11:24 PM

JadeHalo1 is on a distinguished road
Help w/ NOKIA 6230

Ok... so I just got my 6230 too and got it shipped to the US so I could use it. What websites are good for US (AT&T users) consumers? and for some reason I can't place mp3s on to my phone. Everytime I try the file gets half loaded on the phone then the phone shuts down. Anyone have these problems?

Old 06-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Unregisteredb

Anwarunya]the 6230 has one built in.....its a proprietary music player.
torrent of replies directing me to similar Symbian handsets. like the SX1 for its a [quote=Orophin example.....even though i think it pales in comparison to the 6230 (designwise).[/QUOTE]interesting how most of you agree with me on my decision, i was half expecting

Old 16-06-2004, 09:39 AM
rayboy

Question 6230 not Symbian?

Hello, new here. (but old Psion user ;-) Just confused why everyone are referring to the 6230 not being a symbian phone. I thought it ran Symbian with the crippled Series 40 GUI on top, which doesn't support user installation of sis files.

This is what I thought: UIQ, Series 40, Series 60 etc are just different GUI for the Symbian OS, all with different input methods, and all providing support on bigger or smaller subsets of the OS.