All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-07-2003, 07:38 PM

nk8 is on a distinguished road
as long as it's just searching through words and not close up reading, then i can live with that....wait a minute, i don't even use the PM's

www.haroboy.boltblue.com

Old 27-07-2003, 07:55 PM

musawi is on a distinguished road
off topic !!

Old 27-07-2003, 08:39 PM

zedd is on a distinguished road
I'm guessing they'll be monitoring mine.. So DON'T PM ME

Raven : I posted the Philips info, not because i wanted to say its by philips, but to tell the rest the specs for the full program. I no doubt, don't mind paying cause this is the one I've been waiting for soooo long

Old 28-07-2003, 12:41 AM

mauru is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
No I dont spend all my time reading PM messages, its just the occasional sweep to make sure people aren't abusing the system.
That's bullshit.

I am an admin on another board and the temptation to go through a few peoples PMs is incredibly difficult to resist. Besides who would be dumb enough to type, 'Here, free warez !!!', you have to scan them one by one.

I understand the reasons they are being removed, if it is an illegal leaked version then just by being affiliated this site could get screwed, even though off the record the mods/admins and anyone lucky enough to get the link are playing with it right now.

Old 28-07-2003, 03:32 AM

hi!

raven, just curious, did you install the Cam too?

the CAM sw is considered illegal unless proven not? i think it shld be considered legit unless proven warez.

anyway, it's your call. we are here to follow rules.

Old 28-07-2003, 08:33 AM

ok, now if i want the camcorder how could i get???

Old 28-07-2003, 09:34 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
No I dont spend all my time reading PM messages, its just the occasional sweep to make sure people aren't abusing the system.
That's bullshit.

I am an admin on another board and the temptation to go through a few peoples PMs is incredibly difficult to resist. Besides who would be dumb enough to type, 'Here, free warez !!!', you have to scan them one by one.

I understand the reasons they are being removed, if it is an illegal leaked version then just by being affiliated this site could get screwed, even though off the record the mods/admins and anyone lucky enough to get the link are playing with it right now.
Interesting view Seriously I dont have the time. And you;d be suprised how obvious some of the messages are. The really dumb ones are those sent directly to me!

Old 28-07-2003, 09:43 AM

Nosferatu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
even though off the record the mods/admins and anyone lucky enough to get the link are playing with it right now.
We admin/mod dont need WAREZ at all... we usually get free copies from developers itself... thats for being good to them...
nosferatu@allaboutsymbian.com

Old 28-07-2003, 10:41 AM

loko__loko is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu
Quote:
even though off the record the mods/admins and anyone lucky enough to get the link are playing with it right now.
We admin/mod dont need WAREZ at all... we usually get free copies from developers itself... thats for being good to them...
that answers it all... lucky you.

Old 28-07-2003, 10:54 AM

Yoeppie is on a distinguished road
Besides all the talk about who has it or not its confirmed that this indeed is a stolen beta never intended for public use yet

Old 28-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Administrator

J2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud of
We went though the same thing when the S60 camcorder application was released!.....why do a select few insist on giving the moderators such a hard time.

If people want this application i'm sure they can find it without repeat postings on the link in the forum.

I will be checking the PM's later this evening, any requests will result in am immediate warning

Old 28-07-2003, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
the CAM sw is considered illegal unless proven not? i think it shld be considered legit unless proven warez.
Hehe, that's not exactly how things work in these cases.

-Because:

1) The software may be stolen and published without permission from the author. -Which could get this site in trouble if we were to publish it here.

2) The software may be badly written and cause damage to your unit. -Which would also reflect badly upon All About Symbian.

So you see, in these cases, cases where we don't know the origin of the software, it's always better to take precautions.

-Because:

1) We respect the developers, and don't want to hurt the community.

2) We don't want this site to get in trouble.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson

Old 28-07-2003, 03:42 PM

nk8 is on a distinguished road
hehe, it's not that good afterall, when the cam app is installed, it makes itself the default video player for all formats recognized, meaning it's crap with no audio :(

of course this changes when you save the video file and then open it manually with the embedded video app, but if you just recieve an mp4 or 3gpp from infra red or bluetooth, then you'll have it opened with this app with no sound

www.haroboy.boltblue.com

Old 28-07-2003, 03:44 PM

Boiling Ice is on a distinguished road
if any one of you worked hard to develop a program!! what would you do if someone stole it from you and publish it for free??!?! put your self in their shoes.

For now, be happy that there is a software for cam recording in developement. Just wait for the public release from the developers them selfs !!

and please people respect the site that provide you with great services !!

Old 28-07-2003, 07:38 PM

musawi is on a distinguished road
100% wid u boiling !!