All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-08-2010, 08:32 AM

michaelgnm is on a distinguished road
question on battery and phone after update of E90

Good day. i noticed that after i updated the firmware of my E90, the battery gets drained a lot more faster.. I have had this phone for like 18 months already, the battery has been lasting me at least 3 days. just last week i update the firmware and ever since then, the battery would just last a little bit than a day.

So what i did, i thought there was an issue with the battery, i switched my battery with my dad's phone and I still have this problem. so i doubt if there is a problem with the battery. i feel that the phone now is using more power to drain the battery. but why? all programs are all closed. i do not use gps, nor do i use the internet. i havent even made a call yet today and from a fully charged battery, just after 5 hours, it is now down to 2 bars...

Old 09-08-2010, 09:21 AM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Settings ?

This might be a "Settings" issue . I presume , before ugrading you made a Backup via PC Suite and restored after the upgrade ? Sometimes this provokes a settings malfunction .
To avoid this , users can do a Hardreset after the update . Restore just the personal data like Calendar , Contacts , Notes , etc .
Restore the Settings only manual . I know it's work to do , but can be worth the effort .
For Hard Reset or VDG see my post here :
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=81021

There might also be invisible activity , provoked by MemoryCard . Like e.g. a third party App installed on MemoryCard before Update , that didn't reinstall properly after Update ? When this is a JAVA app , you can restore these by running Nokia MidLetRestorer on the E90

Regards jApi NL

Old 10-08-2010, 07:53 AM

michaelgnm is on a distinguished road
this did not solve the problem... the battery still drains quickly. i soft resetted the phone and also did a hard reset but to no avail. anyone out there expereiencd the same thing or has any solutions?

thanks..
Ads

Old 10-08-2010, 10:10 AM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Memory Card

Use the phone , like one day , without MemoryCard , and see what happens . When the issue is still there , check with your Local Nokia Service Point . It might be a hardware problem ...

Regards jApi NL

Old 03-02-2011, 04:54 PM

MORIS44 is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I've got the same problem. One week later I update my e90 via Ovi Suite on my computer.
Battery is terrible...
Before battery on my e90 keep 4-6 day, now it's max. 2 days (max!!!)
What I must doing to get my older quality of batery?
Maybe, nokia prompt to buy new phone if it makes failed update soft for older phones?