All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-12-2006, 12:58 AM

akaszowski is on a distinguished road
sound quality with bluetooth stereo headphones & m600

Anyone actually try the sony bluetooth stereo headphones with their m600i? I've heard bad things about it being quiet - is this true?

Also, with the bluetooth, is it possible to stream any sound over bluetooth to the headphones? I.e. could i send audio over bluetooth from my computer and listed with the headphones?

Thank you
- Andrew

Old 11-12-2006, 02:56 PM

superswede is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaszowski
Anyone actually try the sony bluetooth stereo headphones with their m600i? I've heard bad things about it being quiet - is this true?
I use HBH-DS970 with SE W950i, which basically is the same phone. It works excellent and the sound quality and level is very good. No problems with "guiet" sound. Since DS970 is a "ear-in" model, it effectively isolates from external sound sources (...nearly making it "traffic-unsafe..:-)

Quote:
Also, with the bluetooth, is it possible to stream any sound over bluetooth to the headphones? I.e. could i send audio over bluetooth from my computer and listed with the headphones?
Yes it is. You can use other BT devices as sources and the HBH-DS970 supports "multiple" pairings (e.g. you can pair it with your M600 and at the same time use it with your computer without having to "un-pair". It has a button for selection between "single/phone mode" => use with phone only and "multiple mode" => use with phone and other media device).
Of course, in order to use the mediaplayer on your computer to stream the sound to the headphones in good quality it is required that your BT device and software on your computer supports the A2DP profile (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile )/bluetooth stereo.

Old 19-12-2006, 04:53 AM

Thank you for all the feedback. I am going to try them out for the simple fact that they're exactly the solution I'm looking for re: the listening habits I have.

"Of course, in order to use the mediaplayer on your computer to stream the sound to the headphones in good quality it is required that your BT device and software on your computer supports the A2DP profile (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile )/bluetooth stereo."

Can you explain this to me a little more? Would my mp3s on my computer with Media Player support A2DP? Is it media dependent or software dependent (i.e. would my mp3s stream okay...and/or do I just need some sort of additional softaware to play the A2DP??)

Sorry I'm absolutely clueless as to what you have described and what I will need.

Old 19-12-2006, 09:17 AM

superswede is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Would my mp3s on my computer with Media Player support A2DP? Is it media dependent or software dependent (i.e. would my mp3s stream okay...and/or do I just need some sort of additional softaware to play the A2DP??)
It's not related to either the format or type of your media (e.g. Mp3 files) or Media Player so the answer to your question is; Yes, your Mp3's and Media player "supports" A2DP.
It is however related to the specifications of your Bluetooth module (hardware) in your PC. It's the bluetooth module who will stream the sound from your PC to your bluetooth headphones. So, in short: It's your bluetooth device in your PC and the software used in Windows to operate it that has to support A2DP profile.
I quess the easiest way to find out if it does is to view the specifiations for your model on the manufacturers web-site.

Old 20-12-2006, 05:31 AM

Or, since I don't have a bluetooth module for my computer yet, to confirm that when I buy it that it will support it.

Thanks for your help!
Ads

Old 13-09-2007, 01:09 PM

Tony P is on a distinguished road
Zoom iHiFi Wireless Stereo Headphones

These are the best I have tried, very new to the stores but has great features, being Bluetooth they enable multiple connections so if Im listening to my iPod and the phone rings, I get a ring over the music! Hit the button on the headset and the mic comes out, take the call then seemlessly switch back to the music... great!

Old 15-09-2009, 06:35 AM

mrkboucher is on a distinguished road
The M600 is designed as a business tool and its features reflect this role. The M600 supports push email, document editing and PC synchronisation amongst other features. Notably the M600 does not have an integrated camera, which is a positive attribute for those working in environments where cameras are not permitted.

The phone uses the UIQ 3 software platform, which is based upon Symbian OS 9.1. The M600 has a new special type of full QWERTY keyboard below the display, on the phone itself.The touchscreen displays 262,144 colours (18-bit colour depth) with a resolution of 240x320 pixels at 2.6 inches long in diagonal.The M600 runs the Nexperia PNX4008 ARM9 208 MHz processor from Philips and has 64MB RAM and 128MB Flash ROM.

It is notable that the Sony Ericsson P1 has its form factor based on this model.