All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-06-2003, 03:16 AM

Astroboy77 is on a distinguished road
All Singapore P800 Users

Hi! From the look of all the postings in here, i guess iam just another proud P800 user...:-) I wanna set up kindda Singapore P800 Club where all proud owners of P800 in Singapore and share and exchange information on our techno babies. Anyone in Singapore interested please email me your particulars which will be strictly kept confidential. Hope to hear from you guys soon! Cheers!

Old 18-06-2003, 03:29 AM

Oh and tomorrow i will be going down to SE centre to upgrade to R2F. Will post some updates of it here as soon as iam done with the update.

Old 18-06-2003, 06:36 AM

Re: All Singapore P800 Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroboy77
Hi! From the look of all the postings in here, i guess iam just another proud P800 user...:-) I wanna set up kindda Singapore P800 Club where all proud owners of P800 in Singapore and share and exchange information on our techno babies. Anyone in Singapore interested please email me your particulars which will be strictly kept confidential. Hope to hear from you guys soon! Cheers!
Please do, I would really want to learn where to get software in SG to convert VCDs and DVDs to Mpeg 4 format to load into the P800.

Old 18-06-2003, 08:26 AM

brick is on a distinguished road
Oi! Xinjiapo ren here!

Old 18-06-2003, 09:16 AM

I think that even if you can convert vcds and dvds, you will need a bigger than 128 memory stick duo. From wat iam aware of is that P800 is design to up to 128MB

Old 18-06-2003, 12:37 PM

adnhk is on a distinguished road
Hi there, Singaporean here too :-)

Old 18-06-2003, 02:07 PM

Accela is on a distinguished road
Singaporean here too, I sometimes at #sonyericsson and always at #twistedhopes on irc galaxynet, keep me informed of this club hor.

MP4 can, not suitable for fullscreen view but a whole movie, like 1 hours 30 minutes to 2 hours will be like 40++ MBs, encoded with PV Author or use the Nokia's Multimedia Converter to convert to 3gp format.

Old 19-06-2003, 05:35 AM

Quote:
I think that even if you can convert vcds and dvds, you will need a bigger than 128 memory stick duo. From wat iam aware of is that P800 is design to up to 128MB
I now have 1 episode of Friends and 2 episodes of Simpsons on my P800 w 128MB MG duo with plenty of space to spare and another user on Howard forums has the entire Pianist on his P800 128MB, the P800 is truly a mobile entertainment device.

I am looking forward to actually having full movies on my P800 anyone in SG can help?

Old 19-06-2003, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accela
Singaporean here too, I sometimes at #sonyericsson and always at #twistedhopes on irc galaxynet, keep me informed of this club hor.

MP4 can, not suitable for fullscreen view but a whole movie, like 1 hours 30 minutes to 2 hours will be like 40++ MBs, encoded with PV Author or use the Nokia's Multimedia Converter to convert to 3gp format.
Where to get Packet Video Author or NK Mutlimedia Convertor? Must they be downloaded only? or can they or others be bought at retail in Singapore?

Old 19-06-2003, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accela

Where to get Packet Video Author or NK Mutlimedia Convertor? Must they be downloaded only? or can they or others be bought at retail in Singapore?
PV Author is expensive, but I think its really easy and nice to use. It can be bought online at http://www.pv.com/ for US$59.99. The Nokia Multimedia Converter can be downloaded for free at Nokia Forum, just need to register and all but the settings are barebone and limited.

Old 19-06-2003, 01:09 PM

adnhk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Oh and tomorrow i will be going down to SE centre to upgrade to R2F. Will post some updates of it here as soon as iam done with the update.
Hi There, so any findings with R2F over R2D?

Cheers

Old 19-06-2003, 02:41 PM

R2F!

Hi all! Thanks for the respond of the club iam trying to set up! However do gimme you emails so that i can update you guys who are interested! I have collected my phone after upgrading to R2F. Check out the new thread posted by me! Cheers!

Old 20-06-2003, 01:41 AM

Testa_ross4 is on a distinguished road
Hi Accela, I have just registered in this forum and was the Guest asking qns.

So can the barebones NK MM convertor still get the job done? or must I get PV author? the difference of USD60.00 and Free, is quite large.
Ads

Old 20-06-2003, 02:33 AM

The Nokia is okay, but some people seems to have problems with the installation blah blah.. You should try both and decide.

Anyways, my email is accela@twistedhopes.com

Old 22-06-2003, 06:53 PM

Edgedale is on a distinguished road
So happy and delighted to my fellow Xinjiapo rens in this group.

I have already planned to have a P800 User Group started. I have not yet setup my portal but will be annouce to all soon.

"Ask and you will get. Seek and you will find"