All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-12-2006, 09:48 AM

chovav is on a distinguished road
email accounts

I can't read or send emails - each email account that I create fails to connect and retrieve emails. Any ideas?
Ads

Old 03-12-2006, 10:12 PM

maporter is on a distinguished road
Email settings etc

Hi,

Can you connect to the web using the browser? If not, then it's likely to be the WAP settings, you can download the correct settings from the SE support site.

What's you're mobile service provider and email account, I'm tied to o2 on contract and using the o2 wap settings, you're unable to receive retrieve email from any other account than o2's mail .

If your using an ISP email address, rather than your mobile provider, you may well find that you'll have to configure a dial up connection to retreive your mail. Go to Control Panel > Connections > Internet Accounts and click on MORE (bottom right hand side of screen). From here you'll see the option to create a new account, needless to say click on this and select Dial-up and enter your details etc etc.

From here you need to go to Control Panel > Email accounts > click on the email account you wish to use with the new dial up connection and you be presented with three tabs - Basic - Inbox & Outbox. Click on both the inbox and outbox tabs, scroll down to the option 'receive using group' box in both and change this option to the new dial up connection you have just made.

Next time you connect, rather than using the GPRS wap settings, the phone will dial up your ISP server and retrieve your email.

Worked for me, I'd be grateful if anyone else has a better solution.

Cheers

M