All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-05-2010, 03:54 PM

WizaJ is on a distinguished road
Unhappy 5530 'System Error' When Accessing Clock and Turns Off When Calling

Hi,

I've had my 5530 for three months now but as of late it's suddenly giving me two serious problems. First off, whenever I try and use the clock application, I get the dreaded 'System Error'

I've tried the following steps (Googled around):

First option: revert to factory default settings. Dial *#7780#.

Second option: soft reset. Dial *#7370#.

Third option: hard reset. Switch the phone off and do the following.

1) Press and hold the green "call", red "break" and "camera" buttons.
2) With those buttons pressed down, switch the phone on.
3) Keep pressing those 3 buttons and only release them once the phone shows signs of life such as the Nokia "hands" logo or the language selection screen.

However, I cannot get the third step to work, my phone boots normally. I understand that the above steps are for a 5800 XM, so maybe that is why.

Second problem is that whenever I make or receive a call, the phone shuts off. But this does not happen when I use my bluetooth headset which leads me to believe that the earpiece or microphone is the problem but I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this.

My phone information is as follows:

Software Version: V10.0.050
Software Version Date: 25/06/2009
Custom Version: 18-08-2009
Type: RM-504

Now I don't know much about working with Nokia phones and the Symbian OS, but I am an experienced Sony Ericsson modder. I would like help on the above issues and possible solutions from anyone who is willing. :-)

Old 02-06-2010, 07:59 PM

WizaJ is on a distinguished road
More information: I cleared the System error and the calling thing.
To clear the system error; I did a hard reset without the SIM card and then I went to the Clock, it opened and I changed the settings to disable automatic updates of date & time, then I put in the SIM card and it worked properly, till now. The turning off when calling just stopped by itself, but just now, I installed NetQin AV and it seemed to be blocking my network connectivity (internet wise), so I uninstalled it, even did another hard reset but I cannot seem to connect to the internet at all using either GPRS or WiFi that I know works. It always responds with a Connection not available error
Ads