All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 20-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Firmware Tuesday: Nokia E72 version 31.023

A major new firmware, version 31.023, is now available for the Nokia E72. The update introduces several new pre-installed applications: Ovi Sync, Advance Communication Manager, Smart Connect, and Internet radio. Additionally a number of the core applications have been updated including Ovi Maps (free navigation and location sharing version), Web (to version 7.2), and Ovi Store. There are also the usual bug (e.g. the spacebar bug) and performance fixes. Read on for further details and screenshots.

Read on in the full article.

Old 21-04-2010, 02:02 PM

shadamehr is on a distinguished road
Great article Rafe - I had missed the Internet Radio bit myself despite deliberately looking for it, not realising it's now built into "Radio".

Thanks.

I'm having an issue with Advanced Call Manager though, which is another new addition, and very good...

Namely that it does not Auto-start each time you power on the phone.

If I activate it to block Hidden Numbers, and try calling from a withheld number, it blocks it fine.

But if I switch the phone off then back on, then try, it accepts my Private Number call...

The company website implies that it's meant to auto-start, but the one on their website seems to differ ever so slightly from this free version Nokia have included, as some of the features seem to be missing.

So can anyone confirm if Advanced Call Manager auto-starts fine for them or not...?

Cheers all.

Old 21-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

I'm not sure whether it's *supposed* to auto-start, but if you need it to, download Powerboot (either in the Ovi Store or Google it), and it'll auto-start any apps you want. And it's free!

Old 21-04-2010, 02:45 PM

shadamehr is on a distinguished road
Thanks mate - if I can't get this to work, I will download it. Much appreciated!

Old 21-04-2010, 03:26 PM

kucing_kampung is on a distinguished road
A bit off topic: wasn't there yesterday a piece about the E51 firmware update? Wondering where it'd gone.

Old 21-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

5230 fw upgrade

Pls post info about 5230 fw upgrade too....

Old 21-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Another great reason to depart the Nokia shores for better phones.

One look at the release notes is enough to know that Nokia is continuing to release beta software on its customers.

This is a sad state of affairs, but this is what Nokia has become.

Good riddance Nokia.

Old 21-04-2010, 06:56 PM

Jejoma is on a distinguished road
What regions is it for? My E72, bought over the web from Nokia, says 21.024 is the latest update.

Old 21-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

That reminds me. Where is internet radio for S60 v5 anyway???
Ads

Old 21-04-2010, 10:10 PM

Captain Jon is on a distinguished road
I was wondering when would someone post a negative post. If you hate Nokia so much why even bother to post here. Evidently you do not even own a E72.

Old 21-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

lack observes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jon View Post
I was wondering when would someone post a negative post. If you hate Nokia so much why even bother to post here. Evidently you do not even own a E72.
Didn't take long for an idiot to make an assumption either. How do you know what he or she has. Maybe as usual if you look at the release notes you would see that once again Nokia released a crappy firmware and has to go and issue fix after fix, after fix. I do happen to own an E72 and the release notes with all of the fixes is simply staggering. Do you call this quality for the money you pay?

Hope you are not a real captain. Everyone on your ship would be doomed.

Old 22-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

No connection after update

I couldn't connect to the internet after the update. It says "no connection". Help!

Old 22-04-2010, 02:23 AM
CanadianEh

Question Destinations

What's the point of Smart Connect if Destionations do the same thing?
Am I missing something?

Old 22-04-2010, 03:29 AM
Unregistered

Well well well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Didn't take long for an idiot to make an assumption either. How do you know what he or she has. Maybe as usual if you look at the release notes you would see that once again Nokia released a crappy firmware and has to go and issue fix after fix, after fix. I do happen to own an E72 and the release notes with all of the fixes is simply staggering. Do you call this quality for the money you pay?

Hope you are not a real captain. Everyone on your ship would be doomed.

As far as i know, even one of the best companies, namely apple and their iphone, microsoft and their windows, often do update their software.. It only goes to show, that they continually support their products and those who use it.. Nokia could have left you guys with the original firmware, and not much would complain about its bugs and flaws.. It was already good, but nokia is just making it better..

Old 22-04-2010, 05:02 AM

thegadgetfreak is on a distinguished road
Phone Handset Free RAM

Anyone successful in updating the firmware, could you please tell me whats the free RAM like now?