All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-04-2009, 02:24 PM

sb80 is on a distinguished road
Question VOIP call record issue Using mobile phone

Hi all,

I need to know is it possible to record conversation of Voip call in Symbian environment?

I am using Nokia N95 to test this.Almost each software such as Fring,Barablu,truphone which are used for Voip call ,not allow recorder.

But I found one Voip client software name talkonaut which allow to record the conversation.

could anyone tell me is it the general limitation of symbian system or something else? How to get rid of this limitation?

Where can I get information about voip call record using symbian mobile ?

I am waiting your prompt response

Thanks in advance

Sb80

Old 09-06-2009, 12:31 PM

jrs.reign is on a distinguished road
VoIP Call Recording - Here is a list of some of the most common software tools you can use to record your VoIP calls for your individual use.

Last edited by jrs.reign; 15-06-2009 at 07:06 AM.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:42 AM

klofton11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb80 View Post
Hi all,

I need to know is it possible to record conversation of Voip call in Symbian environment?

I am using Nokia N95 to test this.Almost each software such as Fring,Barablu,truphone which are used for Voip Calls ,not allow recorder.

But I found one Voip client software name talkonaut which allow to record the conversation.

could anyone tell me is it the general limitation of Business Voip System or something else? How to get rid of this limitation?

Where can I get information about voip call record using symbian mobile ?

Thanks in advance

Sb80
I'm actually not sure. THere is a lot of variety, but you might want to try other voip blogs
Ads

Old 18-10-2009, 08:19 AM

riyaz786 is on a distinguished road
Voip Recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by klofton11 View Post
I'm actually not sure. THere is a lot of variety, but you might want to try other voip blogs
You can record Voip calls on Nokia E75 by its default built in recording... i m regular user of Voip on Nokia mobile phones......

With regards,
Riyaz

Last edited by riyaz786; 21-10-2009 at 09:14 AM.

Old 20-10-2009, 09:21 PM

SunReyes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb80 View Post
Hi all,

I am using Nokia N95 to test this.Almost each software such as Fring,Barablu,truphone which are used for Voip call ,not allow recorder.

But I found one Voip Phone System software name talkonaut which allow to record the conversation.

could anyone tell me is it the general limitation of symbian system or something else? How to get rid of this limitation?

Where can I get information about Voip Provider List using symbian mobile ?

Thanks in advance

Sb80
Starting with the most basic application, the inbuilt Nokia phone recorder. On an N95, it is possible to record phone conversations with this recorder. However, the process is a little messy, and I am not sure whether it works on other models.

To record a conversation, first the call must be active. After that, the recorder must be switched on. It is important to switch on the recording feature after the call is active otherwise it goes into a paused mode. Activating a recording after a call is active is a little complicated, as when a call is active, navigating into the phone whilst on the call requires the use of a headset or loudspeaker. Once the record button is pressed, then a beep will sound periodically during the conversation. The pros of this method is that the audio quality is excellent, and that there is no need for a third party software.

Last edited by SunReyes; 05-11-2009 at 09:33 AM.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:48 PM

DarrellBray is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunReyes View Post
Starting with the most basic application, the inbuilt Nokia phone recorder. On an N95, it is possible to record phone conversations with this recorder. However, the process is a little messy, and I am not sure whether it works on other Business Voip Phone System.

To record a conversation, first the call must be active. After that, the recorder must be switched on. It is important to switch on the recording feature after the Internet Phone Service is active otherwise it goes into a paused mode. Activating a recording after a call is active is a little complicated, as when a call is active, navigating into the phone whilst on the call requires the use of a headset or loudspeaker. Once the record button is pressed, then a beep will sound periodically during the conversation. The pros of this method is that the audio quality is excellent, and that there is no need for a third party software.
Tried this method and it worked like a charm, for me. Thanks a lot Sun.

Assoc.
Residential Long Distance ~ Mobile Phone

Last edited by DarrellBray; 07-12-2009 at 03:36 AM.