All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > UIQ

Old 05-03-2003, 02:33 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Now available Mobile VB App Booster & More Apps

The MobileVB Booster can now be downloaded from Handango. The Booster allows you to run Mobile VB programs on your P800. The version linked to includes More Apps, which allows you to donwload and buy Mobile VB apps via your phone.

More Apps is a browser which allows you see available Mobile VB apps for the P800. Trials can be downloaded directly to the phone and the software can also be directly bought from the phone. This is a very ingenious system which means software is available whenever you want it. We'll be talking more about this in the next few days.

The selection of MobileVB Apps is quite wide (about 70) and we'll be featuring a few of these over the next few days. However none of the programs are ground breaking, although they some are useful.

Old 05-03-2003, 06:43 PM

thejpzr is on a distinguished road
Re: Now available Mobile VB App Booster & More Apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
The MobileVB Booster can now be downloaded from Handango. The Booster allows you to run Mobile VB programs on your P800.
well Handango seems to be down at this moment. I wonder why booster for Symbian costs something (9 usd?) while for Palm OS is for free?

Old 05-03-2003, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejpzr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
The MobileVB Booster can now be downloaded from Handango. The Booster allows you to run Mobile VB programs on your P800.
well Handango seems to be down at this moment. I wonder why booster for Symbian costs something (9 usd?) while for Palm OS is for free?
I don't know what you're on about. Typical inaccuracy from you. The Booster is free on Symbian (both P800 and 9210) which is more than can be said fro MS platforms.

Oh and Handango works for me.

Old 05-03-2003, 07:02 PM

thejpzr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't know what you're on about. Typical inaccuracy from you. The Booster is free on Symbian (both P800 and 9210) which is more than can be said fro MS platforms.

Oh and Handango works for me.
I return honor: it is free for some symbian phoenes (not for series 60).

handango had a maintainance pause, now it 's back. also truth.
Ads

Old 06-03-2003, 06:32 AM

Backup not working

Hi,

since I installed the Booster, the Backup software isn't anymore able to backup my phone.

It says that the file Alarm.dat somewhere in the AppForge directory could not be backed up and quits after that.

Any idea?