All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-05-2009, 12:00 PM

DonX is on a distinguished road
Reordering/Editing Text Messages

I had a number of text messages on my old Samsung mobile that I moved to the sim card before I swapped phones, in order to then be able to move the messages then onto my Nokia N85 device. The process took quite a while but I managed to get all my text messages on to the new phone.

The only problem is that all my text messages have been reordered (completely out of order!). Within the phone if I look at the 'Received date' they are now dated the moment they were pasted onto the phone, as in the Nokia Phone Browser in My Computer and though Nokia Conversations, but when I move them to a new folder in My Folders the 'Date' for each is correct (although sorting them by date in there still displays them out of order).

Are there any applications I can use to edit/reorder my old text messages or is there a way to get the messages to appear correctly on the phone that anybody knows of please?

I need to keep some for work purposes and some personal, and really need to be able to reread them in order.
Ads