All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-01-2008, 02:19 PM

deron is on a distinguished road
N95 8GB wireless and cisco leap.

Hi, I know that only the Nokia e-series phones have supported 802.1x leap but does anyone know if the latest update on the n95 8gb has implemented it?

I really could do with being able to use Leap at work.
Ads

Old 09-01-2008, 02:41 PM

waxup is on a distinguished road
I don't think it does in the new firmware as the same securities are available to pick during access point defining (IE WEP/WPA etc and no EAP).

IMO, LEAP isn't any more secure, and I hope that isn't all that your workplace relies upon for wireless network connections. The newest crackers can sniff in under a minute, pretty scary if you ask me.

Last edited by waxup; 09-01-2008 at 02:44 PM.

Old 25-02-2008, 07:16 PM

arr2036 is on a distinguished road
Lies all lies !!

Quote:
I don't think it does in the new firmware as the same securities are available to pick during access point defining (IE WEP/WPA etc and no EAP).
No it does support EAP / 802.1x based authentication, but I don't think it supports the nasty Cisco proprietary LEAP protocol.

Get your sysadmin to switch to something more widely used like TTLS or PEAP, N95 works fine with them. Of course that would mean ditching ACS and moving to a real RADIUS server like FreeRADIUS :P

Quote:
The newest crackers can sniff in under a minute, pretty scary if you ask me.
I remember something about one of ciscos EAP Flavours being horrible insecure.
But I really doubt modern crackers can break EAP-TTLS with MSCHAPv2 inner and WPA2-AES in under a minute....

Old 26-02-2008, 12:07 AM

waxup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I remember something about one of ciscos EAP Flavours being horrible insecure.
But I really doubt modern crackers can break EAP-TTLS with MSCHAPv2 inner and WPA2-AES in under a minute....
In reference to my tidbit on cracking in under a minute, it was directed at LEAP and anything less secure.

Rosa Parks is my idol for I too refuse to get up out of my seat.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:37 AM

newiphoneee is on a distinguished road
The New Iphone Verizon is Here

Until now Verizon was unable to offer iPhone for their client because of their network CDMA. When Apple decide to produce a smart phone they close the deal with AT&T and they are using a global system called GSM, a technology more common worldwide. In a Customer Report survey published last month AT&T was ranked as the worst USA carrier because of the many problems and complaints about dropping calls and losing signal particularly in big cities.

Meantime Verizon was ranked 2nd best by customer reports study, this and the changes made on the CMDA carrier in the previous years might be the cause why Apple decide to sell the new iPhone trough Verizon Wireless Network.