All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-09-2007, 10:15 AM

Dal is on a distinguished road
Question Memory full help full on handset

Please can some1 help me my n80 is saying that my memory is full but there isnt anything saved on it as i deleated everything as a result of what it was tellin me. Can any 1 tell how 2 fix it? Thanks. P.s this is the memory on the hand set and not the memory card. And its the images folder that is ment 2b full thanks again

Old 09-09-2007, 03:13 AM

hippo1n2 is on a distinguished road
the memory full is not the phone or the memory card ...its the ram ... try to exit any background prog. u can also use a software call handy taskman to check the ram ,phone ,memory card memory ..

i have upload it here _..>>

57922976-40238386

Handy Taskman v.1.01 serial

Attached Files
File Type: sis HandyTaskman_S60_3_Full.sis (147.5 KB, 1229 views)

Old 09-09-2007, 08:16 AM

Thanks but still no good

Hi m8 thanks 4 that program !t says i have 18meg ram but 1.1meg mem? What does that mean there r no programs running does that mean the mem is full? And any other ideas what it could b?
Ads

Old 09-09-2007, 11:49 AM

mst_dev is on a distinguished road
You have the following storage media in your device:

Phone Memory (C: ): This the internal phone flash memory. Generally contacts, messages, calendar, and notes are stored in it. You can also store any type of data in it, like images and videos.

Memory Card (E: ): This the removable memory card that is inserted in the device. It hase the same nature of phone memory, but is removable.

ROM: This memory is read-only, and contains the Symbian OS and all its built-in applications, like Messging, Contacts, Camera, and any other built-in application comming with the device. Those application are not removable, and take no space of phone memory or memory card.

RAM: Like a computer, the smartphone requires RAM that is used to allocate space for running applications and files. Applications cannot be run directly from the storage space. It's loaded first in RAM. That is why running many applications take space of RAM, and if full, applivations may close automatically, or "Memory Full" will appear. N80 has 18MB of free RAM at boot up, as other space is used by the system.

For the error message that you faced, there is two cases:
"Memory Full": if you are running many applications at the same, it may appear as I described before. You may close some apps, or it may close automatically. Also after useing the device for long time (two or more days), you may need to reboot it. This starts a fresh RAM.
"Memory Full": for either phone memory or memory card. This may appear if you are copying files to either of there memory, or taking photos or recording video on on of them and the free space is not enough.

If Handy Tasks says that RAM is 18 MB, so the problem is with phone memory card, and you say that one of them is 1.1 MB. If 1.1 MB is the phone memory, so you need to free some space. Space can be used by applications installed on phone memory, messages (downloaded emails with attachments takes space), or media files. To know which applications are installed on phone memory, open App Manager. Applications that are installed on memory card are marked with memory card sign on the right. The others are insalled on phone memory.

If you still can't solve the problem, please detail you problem clearly, and I'll try to help.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:36 PM

Still no joy fixing the problem

Hi thanks again for the help but still no joy fixing the problem.
when i turn my phone on a message appears saying memory full. Ive looked and there is nothing saved on my phone. No pictures videos or anything else saved on the handset yet the handset is saying that i only now have 976kb of space left on the phone memory. Ive looked 2 c if there if ive missed something somewhere but theres nothing i can c. As i said its the handsets internal memory where images etc are saved that is saying is full not my mem card, ram or rom. I hope ive explained the problem better and am great full for any help u can give. Thanks dal

Old 11-09-2007, 01:12 AM

hippo1n2 is on a distinguished road
if not u can try this that i download it ...i have not try yet..go to process n u can see the running background app that using your ram
Attached Files
File Type: zip best_taskman_s60_3_v_2_01.zip (168.3 KB, 1008 views)

Old 11-09-2007, 07:01 AM

mst_dev is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal View Post
Hi thanks again for the help but still no joy fixing the problem.
when i turn my phone on a message appears saying memory full. Ive looked and there is nothing saved on my phone. No pictures videos or anything else saved on the handset yet the handset is saying that i only now have 976kb of space left on the phone memory. Ive looked 2 c if there if ive missed something somewhere but theres nothing i can c. As i said its the handsets internal memory where images etc are saved that is saying is full not my mem card, ram or rom. I hope ive explained the problem better and am great full for any help u can give. Thanks dal
If there is no free space in phone memory while you cannot find what take this spaces you may do one of the following:

* If space is not explicitly used by media files like images, sounds, or videos:
  1. It may be used by themes or applications that you may previously installed on phone memory. While most applications does not take much space, installing many themes takes large space. Try to check themes and applications installed on phone memory and free some space by uninstalling some of them.
  2. If you use email, some email messages may contain large attached files. Check that and remove them.
  3. Another probability is receiving media files using Bluetooth from another device. Received files through Bluetooth are stored in Inbox of Messaging which uses space of phone memory. Save them to memory card and delete them from Inbox.
Try to check all of these ways to free space. All this probabilities will not explicilty appear in the File Manager of the device, because all of them are stored in system folders which are hidden in the File Manager.

* If all of thses tries does not solve the ptoblem, it's recommended to reset and format the entire device:
  1. Take a copy of your contacts into your memory card. To do so: Open Contacts, and choose Options > Mark/Unmark > Mark All. Then choose Options > Copy > To memory card. All contacts will be copied to memory card.
  2. To reserve your calendar notes, tasks and notes, you have to sync it with Outlook using PC Suite. Refer to PC Suite documentation for this concern.
  3. Reserve SIS files and serial numbers of your preferred applications in order to re-install them after format.
  4. In fact, I don't know how to backup your SMS messages.
  5. Connect your phone using the USB cable in Data Transfer mode, or put your memory card in a card reader. This way your memory card will appear as a flash memory drive in Windows. Take a copy of the following folders: "\Others\Contacts", "\Images", "\Video". Also copy any important documents on your memory card.
  6. Disconnect your phone from PC or insert memory card into the phone again.
  7. Format your memory card: Open Menu > Tools > Memory. In Memory Card choose Options > Format memory card.
  8. Now close all applications and go to Standby mode.
  9. Type the following code using keypad: *#7370#
  10. You will be asked to confirm system reset. If you are sure, press Yes.
  11. The phone will restart and take some while and then starts as if it's newly purchased.
  12. Now you have to restore all your data.
  13. Connect your phone or memory card as you did before.
  14. Restore folders you took before to their original places.
  15. To restore contacts: Open Contacts, choose Options > Copy > From memory card. All contacts will be restored.
  16. Sync your phone with Outlook using PC Suite to restore your calendar notes, takas, and notes.
  17. Install your preferred applications.
Now you have a new fresh system.

It's recommended to:
  1. Take images and videos into memory card not phone memory. Media files take the most of space. You can set that using Settings in Camera app.
  2. Use phone memory only for applications, messages, and themes.
  3. Don't install many themes, they take much space. Remove unused themes.
  4. Install only applications you want. If you tried an app, and no longer uses it, uninstall it.
  5. When you receive media files through Bluetooth, save them to memory card, and then delete them from your Inbox.
  6. Tip: When receiving media files with large space, you can receive them directly to memory card. In Messaging main screen, choose Options > Settings. In its settings, choose Other Settings. At the bottom of the screen, set Memory in use to Memory card. All messages will disappear because it uses now the Inbox of memory card, while other messages are stored in phone memory. Receive media files through Bluetooth. Open and save them to memory card, then delete them from Inbox. Set Memory in use option of Messaging to Phone memory again. All messages will appear again. This way you can utilize the space available in memory card to receive large media files.

I hope I helped you as I can.

Old 20-09-2007, 08:59 PM

Mst dev that worked a treat m8 thanks very much most greatful and u 2 hippo thanks again guys

Old 27-03-2008, 12:45 PM

ghaith_assaf is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Memory Full. Close some applications and try again.

Hi

I have Nokia N82

My problem is: I cant open any help file in the mobile either from inside the application option or from tools help and I recieve the messege "Memory Full. Close some applications and try again"

BUT

I can open any pdf or doc or txt or isilo files saved in phone or external memories

Handy Task notes are:
RAM=92.4M
PHONE=73.4M
CARD=1.5G

and when trying to open help file it says: Memory Full. Close some applications and try again.

Is it related to python applications and IPone-N95 Tricks I instaled recently.