All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-03-2007, 06:36 PM

mohsin129 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy in deep trouble!!! help

hello everyone,
plzzz guide me through this problem, whenever i switch on my 3250 it shows "Test Mode Nokia" screen and on the top of the screen is written sumthng strange like ape_w43_..... none of my keys work so i always remove the battery and after putting the battery back abt 10-20 times the phone boots and works fine until i switch it off, sumtims it also shows local mode. During the test mode screen if i plug usb cable the pc suite detects it and i can even transfer music etc etc.I was thinking of updating my fw from v3.18 rm38 to the latest one 4.14 with nokia software updater as it wud completely replace my software... but i was afraid of my set going dead while updating plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help i cannot afford a new phone!!!:(:(:(:(

thnx in advance

Old 16-03-2007, 04:22 PM

nabelon is on a distinguished road
can anybody help me, my nokia web browser stopped working after i formatted the phone,updated firmware and installed a new one. Im also unable to install the nokia browser feeds. I dunno what its for, its just that i cannot install it.

Please anybody, help me solve this prob.

Old 20-03-2007, 11:43 PM

flame_master is on a distinguished road
my 3250 gone mad :S

hi every1 my mobile nokia 3250 just keep switching 2 camera n 2 mp3 by it slef its like i keep twistin it but it does it by it self :s n it keeps doin it 4 about 30 mins no stop n i cant do anything untill it stops that , even if i remove the battery n put it back it does this weired thing any body can help plz?

Old 21-03-2007, 01:24 AM

blackbob is on a distinguished road
Talking I'm having quite a few issues..

There a a few small things going on with my phone that I'm curious about and want to know if someone can help me out. first is or was there somekind of firmware update on the 3250 I don't know about ? If so where can I get it and what are the advantages ? Also,I see my phone can play movies but I'm having a hard time finding software that can effectively convert the file to a phone friendly one so I can watch it. Lastly,why is it that I can't add "protected" music to my phone IE: songs ripped off CD's and stuff cause I bought the CD I just want to put it on my phone. Anyhelp would be great thanks .

Old 24-03-2007, 06:37 PM

nherdananto is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabelon View Post
can anybody help me, my nokia web browser stopped working after i formatted the phone,updated firmware and installed a new one. Im also unable to install the nokia browser feeds. I dunno what its for, its just that i cannot install it.

Please anybody, help me solve this prob.
i guess your sis installer is the one provided at nokia's website.
feed.sis there is corrupt, it's only 2kb in size.

i've attached a working file. it's sized 188kb.
i found it at a russian forum. it's a working file..
Attached Files
File Type: sis nokia_3250_browser_feeds.sis (187.5 KB, 309 views)

Old 24-03-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame_master View Post
hi every1 my mobile nokia 3250 just keep switching 2 camera n 2 mp3 by it slef its like i keep twistin it but it does it by it self :s n it keeps doin it 4 about 30 mins no stop n i cant do anything untill it stops that , even if i remove the battery n put it back it does this weired thing any body can help plz?
seems like problem at flex cable..

Old 24-03-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbob View Post
There a a few small things going on with my phone that I'm curious about and want to know if someone can help me out. first is or was there somekind of firmware update on the 3250 I don't know about ? If so where can I get it and what are the advantages ? Also,I see my phone can play movies but I'm having a hard time finding software that can effectively convert the file to a phone friendly one so I can watch it. Lastly,why is it that I can't add "protected" music to my phone IE: songs ripped off CD's and stuff cause I bought the CD I just want to put it on my phone. Anyhelp would be great thanks .
you can find firmware update at nokia's site.
try googling for SUPER converter, it's free and it can handle almost any format. real player can read MP4 file with MP4 format video and AAC format audio.
try using the latest Nokia PC Suite to transfer music, u can RIP cd's.

Old 25-03-2007, 11:21 AM

Funky_pal is on a distinguished road
Neede help With Skye Tones with 3250

Hi I installed Skye Tones which I downloaded from Series60v3 website.But when I try to set a .3gp file as my video tone it says its not allowed . So I tried to uninstall it but it isnt working. Can you please tell me how to uninstall it or how it make it work?

Is there any other video tones software which works on 3250.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-04-2007, 06:37 PM

simtrain is on a distinguished road
Anyone used om Tom Mobile 6 on a 3250 yet? Would it work?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Old 03-04-2007, 08:24 PM

rainboltart is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevozki View Post
I had similar problem but in oppisite way

when I send messege my phone hang for a1 minuit/

I tried to restore my phoneto defult setting but the same problem appear again>>

after that I solve it by formatting the phone(not memory card)

how to format>>> turn off ur phone press those buttons (3+*+ call button) and keep holding it while u turn on the phone (dont forgit to keep hold that three buttons) until u see formatting messege,,,

wait until it finish and enjoy
This did not work for my Nokia 3250 v 3.18 was this intended for this phone? Neither the reset to factory *#7370# (it asked for a lock code that I did not set up or use).

I would like to reset my phone to see if it will solve a few problems.

I would also like instructions on how to take apart the phone. I think one problem (it not reading my memory card even though my computer reads it fine - and the phone at one point did read it fine), will require me to take the phone apart to solve.

Thanks!

Old 09-04-2007, 12:18 PM

ralf is on a distinguished road
screensaver(powersaver

I got a nokia 3250....

my question is....how can i set, if i can my own pictures or .gif for screensaver???

Old 13-04-2007, 11:28 PM

drreda is on a distinguished road
hi, I have the same problem...my nokia 3250, I upgraded its software to 4.14 and I lost my Arabic language.. How can I regain it? plez in details.... thanks 4 help...

Old 21-04-2007, 12:34 AM

juliuspolius is on a distinguished road
i need help

when i put flv (flash videos) on my mem card i can not see them on the phone

Old 21-04-2007, 09:14 AM

rmsilva is on a distinguished road
Some of my applications were missing including Games..

How can I return back those applications and games???

Many thanks....
Ads

Old 25-04-2007, 05:36 PM

hayz is on a distinguished road
FirmWare Update..

Hello pple,
I use a Nokia 3250 phone too, recently i heard a firmware upgrade is available on the internet for its users to update d phone.
So i downloaded the Nokia Software Updater tool from Nokia Website.. but my problem now is dat when i connected the software to the internet it showed a "04.14 update available" but the file is like 70Mb, -Thats going to take like enternity..
So I will like to know if one can just download the firmware directly frm somewhere(using Download Managers -to make it Faster) then install it to d Phone Direct??

Also, I want to know if FlashLite Applications(like Games etc) are available for Nokia 3250, and can u provide links where i can get them.
Thanks.
Hayz.