All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-05-2006, 01:54 PM

sam0483 is on a distinguished road
Services: No Gateway Reply (on wireless network)

ive set up my wireless network on my n80, the phone connects to the network but when i try to go on the internet with it it says 'services: no gateway reply' - does anyone know the solution to this?

thanks!

Old 18-05-2006, 04:26 PM

justmeinit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0483
ive set up my wireless network on my n80, the phone connects to the network but when i try to go on the internet with it it says 'services: no gateway reply' - does anyone know the solution to this?

thanks!
hi yeah i am having the same problem i have got telewest broadband and i user a wireless router connected to my modem my phone trys to connect to my wireless network linksys but i just get no gateway reply everytime i need so help with this cheers if you can

Old 18-05-2006, 08:48 PM

willbrady is on a distinguished road
I had the same issue.
Fixed mine by changing the WEP Key from Shared to Open or visa versa, can't remember which.
Give it a go - worth a try.

Rgds

Will

Old 19-05-2006, 10:02 AM

cjallison is on a distinguished road
I had the same problem, I had to take off WEP and set my Access Point to broadcast the SSID before it would work.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Old 19-05-2006, 03:17 PM

nyct is on a distinguished road
Web Link Try this

My whole system is Mac, including the wireless. I had the same problem, but solved it once I switched the security protocol from WEP to WPA2. WPA is the more advanced system and is referenced in the Nokia specs. Until I switch to WPA, the N80 would recognize the presence of the WiFi signal, but could not access the system. Changing to an open network will also solve the problem but then anyone can access your router without any password/ecryption protection.
Ads

Old 19-05-2006, 03:49 PM

sam0483 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for your help everyone in the end i changed my network security from WEP to WPA and this solved the problem

ps. anyone know why the blue light on the front flashes all the time?

Old 19-05-2006, 04:42 PM

GazP is on a distinguished road
blue light flashes when phone is in powersave mode (eg no LCD etc)

Old 20-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Note (I think) you'll also get this error message if you try and load a wap page in the web browser (this is easy to do if you try and access your operators portal on the new browser).

Old 23-05-2006, 11:36 AM

sammoh is on a distinguished road
Still Cant Slove The Problem ... When I Changed WLan Security Mode To WPA/WPA2 from Open Network It Says Unable to Connect WLan Not Found ..

Do I Have To Change Something From Router ??

Plz Help Me

Old 23-05-2006, 12:16 PM

LesLesleyson is on a distinguished road
I found that you have to set the web browser to use the access point you have defined (the WLAN one with all the settings) as default (i.e. the setting Access Point is defined as 'User defined' rather than 'Always Ask').

If you don't do that, and your SSID is not being broadcast on your WLAN, then the phone tries to search for all available WLANs and cannot find the one you have set up (even though you have specified the settings, which I think is a bit stupid). But if you have set it up as "User Defined" so it connects to the one you have set up by default, you can use your WLAN with all the security settings enabled (i.e. SSID not being broadcast, WPA etc).

Also, I usually get an error when I open the browser on wifi and it tries to go to my homepage (http://www.google.co.uk), the error text varies - sometimes it's "No Gateway reply", or "Unable to perform Web operation" - however once I OK that message and the screen is blank, I can then go to one of my bookmarks and browse the web via WiFi no problem. I think it's just a bug which will probably be ironed out with a future firmware upgrade.

Old 27-06-2006, 04:20 PM

youssif25 is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Can someone please help me. I just got my N80 and i can connect to my wireless normaly. However when i try to connect to the internet i get "Service: No Gateway reply". Can someone help me. I have a laptop and it connects to the internet using my router normaly.

When i click "view attached devices on my router" i see my n80 With the ip 192.168.0.21 while my gateway is 192.168.0.20.

Is that normal?

Someone please help!

Old 27-06-2006, 04:26 PM

vin_eme is on a distinguished road
Well, i have one suggestion here....try to set your router to enable DHCP server and then try to connect through your N80. It will work.

Old 27-06-2006, 04:52 PM

youssif25 is on a distinguished road
Its already enabled.

Old 27-06-2007, 02:28 AM

my_rhythm is on a distinguished road
WIFI full story

Hi all!
i do have the same problem WEB: no gateway reply
i had the luck to test three different setups in three different places:

1- At work we have a share WIFI connection set up is as follow:
Network status: public
WLAN network mode: infrastructure
WLAN security mode: Open network
no advanced settings
2- At the hotel we have free WIFI with the same setup:
WLAN security mode: Open network
no advanced settings
3-At my friend place there's a secured network with WPA/WPA2 setup:
WLAN security mode: WPA/WPA2
no advanced settings

the only place i can browse is at the Hotel this is why:
At the hotel the connection is totally free no login page no secured connection therefore the phone connects and opens the webpage immediately

At work, with the same WIFI configuration as the hotel I can’t browse because:
Once the phone connects and the browser try to open the page the router wants to reroute me to the login page but the phone never get there

At my friend place I cant connect at all!:
The phone after typing the shared key immediately stops with an error message

I’ve to say that before the last firmware update 11 I could browse the work WIFI no problem
I also have a colleague which is using N80 with no problems at all LUKY HIM!!!
You don’t know how long he has been laughing at my FACE!!!
I did try the to turn off the WLAN power saving no chance that is NOT THE PROBLEM
Off course I cant tell to the company or to my friend to mess up with their routers CAN I

Some smart one says that there is a bug on the client DHCP of the mobile phone, practically the phone doesn’t receive any info from the AP therefore it cant go anywhere without IP and DSN with the suggestion to type CMD at the RUN window to check the ipconfig /all to edit the IP and DSN by guess but……. If I’ve got a N95 I don’t want to go out also with my laptop WOULD I????

Therefore dear support gurus and engineers when is that NOKIA is going to fix this problem????

thank you to find the time to read throu this but i'm sure we have to wait longher for an answer....
see you later

Old 27-06-2007, 07:11 AM

jet2006 is on a distinguished road
connection ideas

Hi, makes sure the phones ip address is being accepted by the routers, in case they are also using mac filtering can stop u from logging on.
To check your phones ip add type in: *#62209526# - Displays your phone’s WLAN MAC Address

get the network that u use person to check if phone is able to connect by seeing the above ip address of the phone.

Basically u may have to do that, and go over your wlan settings and network settings, create a different connection for each of your places.

best of luck