All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-10-2005, 01:38 AM

necco is on a distinguished road
Voicemail icon won't go away

I got a voicemail about a week ago and the icon on the phone first appeared as usual, unfortunately after listening to and deleting it the icon still wouldn't go away. I've tried removing the battery to reset the phone as well as getting a new voicemail message. Any ideas?

Old 11-10-2005, 10:07 AM

updater is on a distinguished road
I've had this thing in the past and it's not the 'phone that's at fault. The problem is that your service provider is still letting the 'phone know there is voicemail

I tried contacting the 'phone company, but they denied all knowledge of a problem, but it is their signal that sends the info.

I believe, but I'm not certain, that it's something to do with what cell you are in, especially if you overlap two cells.

The indicator does go away eventually, but it relies on the hold time of voicemails.

You could try accessing / deleting from a few different areas.

Richard

Old 31-05-2007, 10:38 PM

valerebel is on a distinguished road
I have the exact same problem.

Got an N80ie and everytime I turn it on I get a message saying that there a voicemail message on line 1.........I listen but no darned message. And the voicemail indicator appears on screen.

I put the SIM in another phone and still get the voicemail indicator, hope that it will time out soon.

valerebel

Old 27-10-2007, 05:43 AM

mcwgreen is on a distinguished road
Voicemail Icon

I too had the strange voicemail icon with a "plus" sign in the left spool, and the odd alert , "New voice message on line 1" when the phone is switched on. After a lengthy call to Orange I was just more frustrated. I tried all the suggesteions on the various threads I could find, still to no avail. Finally, I called my mailbox to find out as usual that htere were no messages, so I left myself a message and as usual the icon changed to the normal "empty spools". I ended the call to the mailbox then redialled and was told that there was 1 new message so I pressed 1 to listen. Having listened to the complete message I was then offered mored options, so I chose the option to call the number( me) and my phone duly rang, so I answered it, the mailbox call going on hold. I then terminated the call(to myself) and the icon dissappeared, and I then terminated the call to the mailbox. It's been ok since. I know it seems that different things work for different phones / people, and I am not sure whether this problem is network dependant, as I said, I am on Orange. So give it a try. What's the worst that can happen.

Old 27-11-2007, 09:35 PM

iball is on a distinguished road
Same thing happens to me on T-Mobile here in the U.S.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:28 AM

darcysimonetti is on a distinguished road
Try going into the messaging part of your phone. if there is a voicemail part there, go into it and it might say something like new messages. You just have to clear that. The same thing happened to my phone, but i didnt have an enV.
Ads

Old 06-12-2009, 03:41 AM

nganhso is on a distinguished road
if there is a voicemail part there, go into it and it might say something like new messages. You just have to clear that. The same thing happened to my phone, but i didnt have an enV.