All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-10-2005, 08:42 AM

serialtoon is on a distinguished road
Nokia 7610...too many issues!

Ok..before it was the random phone resets..now i cant even connect it to my PC using th included data cable. I think that its a the cable itself not working as i get errors like "The prcess cannot be completed" or transfer errors...such as mp3s not going thru. Now my phone isnt even detected to my PC via USB. Now i tried parring it up with a Bluetooth and same ol story. The phone browser gives me errors. Any ideas? cause i sure as hell ran out of some. I tried installing and reinstalling all software and also i tried formatting the phone and what not. When i take the RS-MMC out of the phone and plug it into my media reader everything works fine. Im thinking its the phone.

Old 09-10-2005, 09:53 PM

Wow....no one has had a problem with this just yet? Well...ill continue to wait, in hope that someone out there can help me.

Old 09-10-2005, 10:03 PM

willbrady is on a distinguished road
I hada 7610 for a good few months and never had a single issue with it, great phone, very stable.
If you have reformated the phone back to the default settings and you still can not connect it to your PC then perhaps your PC needs a closer look?

Old 09-10-2005, 10:08 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
You can try uninstalling PC Suite. Then uninstall also the Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver from ControlPanel (Add/Remove Programs).

And if you want to be absolutely sure everything is gone, download the PC Suite cleaner from the FAQ section on http://www.nokia.com/pcsuite

After that install the latest PC Suite (it should also install the latest cable drivers at the same time) from the above location (currently version 6.6.18 is there for download).

Old 11-10-2005, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A
You can try uninstalling PC Suite. Then uninstall also the Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver from ControlPanel (Add/Remove Programs).

And if you want to be absolutely sure everything is gone, download the PC Suite cleaner from the FAQ section on http://www.nokia.com/pcsuite

After that install the latest PC Suite (it should also install the latest cable drivers at the same time) from the above location (currently version 6.6.18 is there for download).
Thanks man! Im gonna look into getting this resolved. Worked fine before.

Old 11-10-2005, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialtoon
Thanks man! Im gonna look into getting this resolved. Worked fine before.
Well,,,now it detects my phone...everything is going well. as soon as i try and access the memory of the phone from the Nokia Browser folder it gives the error again! "The Opperation was cancelled" something like that. What now?