Stewe
Ads

Old 09-04-2004, 04:07 PM

TheSpecialBoy is on a distinguished road
Now is OK

You posted it in the first time with sis extension, that`s why

I,ll get back to you after easter

Or even sooner if it rocks

How do you want us to post replies? By mail, By forum or By other types of communication?

Old 09-04-2004, 04:25 PM

Downoading.......

Got connection failure 3 times.....using dial up connection.....

Hope is cool, this is a good sign

Old 10-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Banned

LAuRA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift
If you have a 9210, I would like to ask something: how much execution memory do you usually have? And after reset? The game may have problems on normal 9210, because of the low execution memory. However, it runs correctly on our 9210 device, but it's almost clean and as I know many installed applications/recogs/etc can eat the execution memory easily.
Well I have something like 33-35% of ram free after a reset in my 9210 and it is not enough. I was able to see the intro, but as the game was about to start, I got an error message. Maybe there is something I could do to free more execution memory... The intro was cool, though

Old 10-04-2004, 11:25 AM

Wirelessly posted (Nokia6600/1.0 (3.42.1) SymbianOS/7.0s Series60/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

You should do a format my lady. We will help you

Old 11-04-2004, 10:45 AM

SirKline is on a distinguished road
first impression

Redshift did it again.

Nice Job, Steve.

Here are my first impressions:

This game is definitly a memory eater. But it seems to be worth it.
Only had very few problems: Sound settings are not working as expected, If you change a sound setting it only seems to work after some time. (read when there's a change in some ingame structures e.g. new dungeon or something like that)

Then i had a crash while trying to load my very first autosave. Luckily i saved before quitting manually.

Is there a way to revive a Character? The difficulty is higher than i expected it to be.

I'm only level 2 so far. But it makes as much fun as the 2 splendid games from redshift before.

so long for now,

SirKline aka Arne

Old 11-04-2004, 10:45 AM

Wirelessly posted (Nokia6600/1.0 (3.42.1) SymbianOS/7.0s Series60/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

First error. It happenes when you get kill and the game restarts. It say reason :CMdaAudioToneUti and the reason number is 0

Old 11-04-2004, 03:48 PM

Card game

Nice, but sometimes the poison cloud is working and sometimes not. why?

And i can't find this Ashela lady in Decantres.

greets

SirKline

Old 12-04-2004, 01:30 AM

redshift is on a distinguished road
Hello!

More answers...

The execution memory tester: http://www.redshift.hu/stewe/avail.sis (5 KB) this is the tool you might need to check the available execution memory. Legacy needs at least ~3.2 MB to start.
The execution memory isn't the same as store memory (internal, card)
It can't be expanded, and running programs eat it. After reset, it's almost clear, probably you can have up to 4 MB, based on installed programs, auto-running apps, recogs, fonts, and so on (who knows)

Laura: please try the game after a reset, and check your execution memory with the tool. You should have more than 3.2 MB.
BUT! After reset, if you start the system tasks (calendar, ...), they decrease the execution memory. So you should *immediately* start Legacy after reset.
I hope I can make the game to require less execution memory... not sure.

Sound: There are more problems with the sound playback... I'll work on this problem tomorrow. Maybe I can fix the current method, or I can switch to another sound library (a streaming one - but streaming is a pain).

Instructions, info, hints, tips.
You can read David Eaton's review, as I mentioned it before: http://www.redshift.hu/legacyreview/legacy.htm
Dedicated hints/tips page for Legacy:
http://www.hyperflame.com/toby/legframeset.html
AND! You can investigate the Legacy forums on www.cliesource.com and www.pdarcade.com. The PPC, PALM and SYMBIAN versions are almost the same! I mean the game's inner structure, the maps, the solutions.

SirKline: Thank you
Revive: you can do it later, with "Raise Dead" spell/scroll or a black fountain. After start, you can hire another characters, and leave the dead ones in the tavern - rip.

TheSpecialBoy: sound error... I detected these errors: happen when the audio player is trying to be initialized, but you press a menu item *before* the finish of the initialization. Pressing the main menu items means stopping the sound (except "start new game", as I remember). Solution: rewriting the sound playback routines.

SirKline: Ashela can be found in N'Gora dungeons... you'll find her. Just don't be afriad of a stuck door.

!!! !!! !!!THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!! !!! !!!

Regards,
Stewe

Old 12-04-2004, 01:39 AM

Btw prepare yourself, the base game can give you more than 50 hours gameplay, and the Expansion Pack (which is free for you all) means another 50+ hours.

Did you check Morah? Success?

And, another thing: the Legacy Editor (PC) is in beta-testing phase. If you're interested, I can give you the beta-download url, and let you enter the private Editor Beta forum on www.pdarcade.com. It's a complex editor, the base world and the Expansion Pack were made by that Editor (as well as Morah). Screenshots:
http://www.redshift.hu/stewe/editor1.jpg
http://www.redshift.hu/stewe/editor2.jpg
http://www.redshift.hu/stewe/editor3.jpg

Regards,
Stewe

Old 12-04-2004, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKline

And i can't find this Ashela lady in Decantres.
o.k. with the quest description i thought i had to find her in Decantres.

SirKline

btw. the Editor looks great!

Old 12-04-2004, 02:37 PM
Banned

I rebooted with the phone side turned off, and found I had 40% ram available. That was enough to get the game going Now I'm at the forest, as Trissa, picking up clothing and stuff

Old 12-04-2004, 03:04 PM

Smart move my lady. I wonder how the expansion pack can be installed great job redshift ! I only wonder why haven't you build a tutorial. Took me 2 days to understand the game rules and play tricks well i have some minor bugs discovered but i need to be sure first. You can turn a character alive by getting rid of it @ the bar and then getting it hired again or hire another one. An auto save feature would be nice redshift.

Old 12-04-2004, 10:45 PM

Hello!

Laura: you were right, *maybe* you should turn off the phone sometimes. That's because... hmm... maybe the Communicator wouldn't have enough memory to handle the incoming call, then the game is running, and you're on a map that requires much memory. This is just an idea

SpecialBoy: you can install the Exp Pack anytime, but it's connected to the 3rd city, Grendelmoore. You'll like the swamps around Grendelmoore, for example Undeads, Dragons, and so on.
Tutorial: you're right... the "help" could help , just I didn't have time to make the Communicator version. The sound playback makes me crazy.

Btw: NEW TEST VERSION!!!
http://www.redshift.hu/stewe/LegacyComm3.zip
Changes:
- smaller size
- less required memory, I had to remove some sounds... the ambient ones. I know it's a reasonable thing, just these sounds required about 200KB memory.
- rewritten sound support. And 50% ready streaming version (I have serious problems with the streaming). So... if you still have problems with the new version's sound playback, then I have to make the streaming version.
With streaming, the application will be larger! Because the API sound needs 8 bit wavs, but the streaming needs 16 bit wavs.

Auto-save: as you can see, the save is a bit slow... I think I shouldn't force users to wait for periodically auto-saves. What do you think?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Regards,
Stewe

Old 13-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift
Auto-save: as you can see, the save is a bit slow... I think I shouldn't force users to wait for periodically auto-saves. What do you think?

Saving is indeed slow so perhaps auto-save would not be a good idea. Besides, isn't it one of the tricks of the game to remember to save every once in a while? I always kick myself when I realize I've been too busy with the game to save.... and then I get killed, and have to start it all over again...