All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-07-2009, 06:18 AM

Sick SHeep is on a distinguished road
Mp3 player

Hello everybody!
Im new to this forum so please dont scold me, if i ask a stupid question. Thanks.

Anyway, i need a new phone. I like my N82, but its time for a change. At the same time, somebody stole my ipod touch..... So, to remedy these problems i thought of bying an Omnia HD. But than, there where some nice poeple who told me that the Omnia does NOT feature an EQ that i can customize and the volume is low. Second problem can be changed thanks to special menu, i know at least that. But the first problem is a real issue for me, since nokia N97 or 5800 are not a solution, because i love to stalk poeple with my cam. So, my question to all of you poeple here, is, if there is another Mp3 player i could install on my Omnia to improve sound quality, or at least gives me a EQ i can customize.

I would really appreciate some help! And so, thanks in advance.
Ads

Old 15-07-2009, 09:39 AM

moggsy is on a distinguished road
There are other players, yes!

Powermp3 has an EQ and is a nice-looking app, but......there are people who have reported issues with the prog not being able to 'see' the memory card (myself included) so if you want your music on there rather than the phone's Mass Storage drive, you're stumped! The inbuilt player does have pre-sets, but is not customizable....

There may be others too with the EQ, just search "S60 music players".

Old 16-07-2009, 12:14 AM

Sick SHeep is on a distinguished road
Ok, thanks, thats something...
But a stupid question: can i use any s60 3rd edition program on a s60 5th? Because if its like that, i know some players. Forgive me, but i do not really know the details of the compatibility....

Old 16-07-2009, 01:33 PM

Jules_N93 is on a distinguished road
powermp3 has very poor audio quality. There's only one good player and that's LCG Jukebox. It features a 10 band equalizer and 50 step volume control. If you teak the volume a little using the codes for that (see elsewhere on this forum), volume is fine.

Unfortunately LCG Jukebox is insanely expensive. But since the I8910 has such a good DSP that I did not an t to go to waist, I bought it for 20E.