battery help n95 need advice thanks

hiya thought id let you know how long i get out of this battery in the n95

fully charged at 9am

made 1 hour 10 mins of calls via bluetooth

listened to 1.5 hours music via bluetooth

sent 8 txts

no wifi and it is switched off completley

iam using 3g network

by 2pm i had 3 bars of battery an was scared to listen to more music as i dont finish wrk till 5

my n73 would have all its bars left and thats with music all day

iam looking on ebay ive seen a battery for 8 pounds its 1200mah in size

thats 100mah bigger then the n73 battery surely this will work better and last longer??
has any1 tryed a bigger battery at all??
what were the results??

i love my n95 but at the moment iam leaning back to the trusty n73 as the battery is awesome

i had the n80 for 1 week before i sold it cus of the battery the n95s seems just as poor

i cant understand how nokia bring a device out with grounbreaking features but put a smaller battery in it then a device with less features!!!!!!

nokia must have had loads of complaints about the n80 but still they realease the n95 with a battery which isnt adequite

any feedback appreciated guys

by the way i turnt backlight to 10 secs standby mode cums on after 25 seconds and i even turnt the screen brightness down a notch!!!!

thanks

Old 16-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
Dont touch the ebay battery. Its really not worth it.

Im afraid that looks about right, maybe youd get a little longer but not much.

Is it a new handset/battery? Sometimes they take a while to get the full charge.

Old 16-08-2007, 06:03 PM

buxz777 is on a distinguished road
whyd you say that mate??ive used alternative batterys before with no probs.

do you know any bad experiences?? i dont wana damage my phone so would be intresting to hear.

its not brand new couple of months old

bought it from a friend as he couldnt get on with the slide he likes the candy bar design

i just wanted its features but iam having to stop myself from using them so people can contact me which is a bit silly

i think this is quite serious and nokia should adresse this

does 3g network cane the battery?? saying that it didnt on my n73 so guess not

why oh why couldnt they have matched the n73s 1100mah

any news on a genuine nokia upgraded version?? theyd make a mint i think every n95 user would buy one wouldnt they :-)

iam soooooooooooo tempted to try that 1200mah one on ebay

Old 16-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Generally, I dont think there is a problem with most of them. However, the risk is far far higher because in general, they are nowhere near the quality they should be.

No-one has heard of nokia releasing a higher power battery for the N95 (though it would be stupid not too), but you never know.

AFAIK, 3G shouldnt do much difference at all, unless of course your doing vid calls.

Old 16-08-2007, 06:40 PM

thanks mate think iam gonna have to try the n95 1200mah other buyers seem very happy with it and it has got nearly a 3rd more juice if not more :-)

iam thinking the life of the cells might not be awesome but hey if it lasts me 6-8 months before it looses charge and gives me more juice for the day ahead for 8 quid id be well happy :-)

sum 1 must have tryed an extended battery in the n95??? howd you get on???

nice1 peeps have a good1

Old 17-08-2007, 04:31 AM

tonymy01 is on a distinguished road
See this thread: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=63260 where we talk a bit about non-genuine batteries off ebay.
I had a "BL-5F" without the hologram that lasted only about 50% to 66% of the time that my genuine battery is. So a 1200mAH battery might just last you about the same as a stock genuine, with 3 times the bulge (why the heck is it nearly 3times thicker for only 50% of the gain??? Maybe it is a genuine 1200mAh and that is why it is 3x thicker, because the cheap sweatshop chinese manufacturers can't get the quality that the Nokia batteries are into the size of that package, so with poorer quality the package size increases, assuming they are correctly quoting their capacity.
REgards

Old 17-08-2007, 07:04 AM

chrsfrwll is on a distinguished road
You're better off accepting the shortfalls of the existing Nokia battery and buying either another Nokia battery, one of those portable battery chargers from the likes of Proporta (great piece of kit) or just keep near a mains supply, as the N95 is very quick at top-up charges.

Old 17-08-2007, 07:52 AM

thanks for replys

might just go back to n73 iam a heavy user and cant be doing with half a day battery that is sooooooooooooo bad in my eyes

you cant even use the features provided its a bit of a joke

nokia would have tested the phone before release why an earth release a battery without suffient power i just cant understand i thought they would have learnt from the n80

n73s camera is only a tiny bit off the n95s from what i can see

i use the settings for camera on the n73 and get brill pics roughly 1.6mb in size and loads of detail the n95s camera is better but not by far

i dont use wifi either so really leaning back to the n73

hummmmmm desicions

i really want this n95 to last longer!! must be a way!! dam

peace out guys

Old 17-08-2007, 07:56 AM

i notice alot of people say the battery is ok

seriously guys?? how long you get?? iam trying to convince myself its ok but deep down i know its not and battery life should defently be better then this

i allmost feel robbed

not good after spending 300+ pounds

might be seeing my n95 on ebay soon :-)

times like this i realise how good my black nokia n73 me is i just wish it had true 4gb support

Old 17-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Im thinking that those batteries are a bit pot luck in what you might get out of them. However, as a heavy user your chances are increased that you might encounter problems.

How about a car charger? That could be a solution if you go to and from work in the car.

Old 17-08-2007, 10:03 AM

spinksy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartmanekul View Post
Im thinking that those batteries are a bit pot luck in what you might get out of them. However, as a heavy user your chances are increased that you might encounter problems.

How about a car charger? That could be a solution if you go to and from work in the car.
I found this website helpful 3lib.ukonline.co.uk/tipsn95.htm

I was growing increasingly concerned about battery life espeically as I can be away from home for a couple of days due to work, but after doing this I found quit an improvement.

Also I heard charging the battery regularly not when it dies is also reccomended. Leaving the battery to die then fully charge is a myth but does apply to the older batteries.
Ads

Old 17-08-2007, 10:15 AM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post
thanks mate think iam gonna have to try the n95 1200mah other buyers seem very happy with it and it has got nearly a 3rd more juice if not more :-)

iam thinking the life of the cells might not be awesome but hey if it lasts me 6-8 months before it looses charge and gives me more juice for the day ahead for 8 quid id be well happy :-)

sum 1 must have tryed an extended battery in the n95??? howd you get on???

nice1 peeps have a good1
The danger is that if the eBay battery overheats and either explodes or leaks, Nokia are not going to honour the Warranty if a compatible (not a genuine Nokia battery) was the cause.

Considering the eBay batteries are very cheap and mainly imported from China, you cannot be sure how well manufacured they are and whether or not they contain reliable over-charge protection.

Personally I would not buy this eBay item, but thats only my own personal view.

Old 17-08-2007, 10:19 AM

pa49 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksy View Post
I found this website helpful 3lib.ukonline.co.uk/tipsn95.htm

I was growing increasingly concerned about battery life espeically as I can be away from home for a couple of days due to work, but after doing this I found quit an improvement.

Also I heard charging the battery regularly not when it dies is also reccomended. Leaving the battery to die then fully charge is a myth but does apply to the older batteries.
There is plenty of info about battery charging!
Don't let the battery run down. Lithium Ion chemistry doesn't like it!
Don't cycle, discharge or condition in any way.
Simply keep it topped up as often as you can.
You will get greater capacity as they improve over their first few weeks use.
They have a finite shelf/usage life after which they just go, but they are designed to give max voltage at max current for as long as possible and certainly better than older NiMh of NiCad.
Buy yourself a car charger and or a portable recharger (I use a PowerPal which takes one AA battery and gives great top up!)
Buy a USB charge cable and plug the phone in when you are near a PC or laptop.
All this helps alot.
There are other tweaks you can use such as keeping you apps installed on your phone mem. This reduces the power used by the mem card. Make sure you Bluetooth and WiFi are switched off when not in use. There is also thinking that keeping your camera cover closed reduces power consumption!