All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-08-2008, 05:35 AM

Jer is on a distinguished road
New E71, formatted 1gb card, added MP3's: Repairing corrupted library

Just got my new E71. Love it so far. One problem I'm having is trying to add MP3's to the memory card. With my E71 I could pull the memory card and pop it in a card reader and transfer files back and forth. My laptop has Bluetooth so it's even slicker since I can transfer files w/o connecting or removing anything.

Anyway, I'm unable to do this with the new E71... specifically music. I put a 1gbTranscend MicroSD card into my E71 and formatted it w/o a problem. I then pulled the card and started loading files on it that were on my old phone. The pictures transfered fine and are displaying in the Images section of the Gallery. No problems there. I then go to the music player and see that there are 0 misic files. I transferred several hundred over to I know they're there. I tried a couple things and before I know it I'm getting a message that says 'Repairing corrupted library. Searching for music and podcasts.' which it just sits on as long as I leave it.

What's the problem here? I tried rebooting after putting the card in thinking maybe it wasn't seeing it but this doesn't appear to be the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:28 AM

Jer is on a distinguished road
Update, my new 4gb card showed up today so I formatted it in the phone and proceeded in the exact same manner and everything appears to be working exactly as expected now. I'm thinking there was some issue with the other card and how it formatted.

Now, if only I could figure out how to set up MSN/Windows/LIVE Messenger on this phone but am not sure what it needs for server and some of the other information.
Ads