All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
X6 8GB variant announced at Nokia Connections

As well as the X5, Nokia also announced a new variant of the X6 at the Nokia Connection event in Singapore. The capacitive screened fifth edition device will now have a model that ships with 8GB of of storage for music and multimedia. Expected price is 225 Euros and should begin shipping in Q3 2010.

Read on in the full article.

Old 14-06-2010, 10:44 AM

UKJeeper is on a distinguished road
I'm trying, but i'm having a hard time seeing the point. Is having 8gb the only thing different from the 16gb and 32gb versions? What's the difference in price between the 3? Was it enough to warrant producing a smaller-storage version?

The average sold price of 70 different 32gb X6's on Ebay.uk recently came to 218. X6's with 4x the storage of the 8gb are available at the same or similar price point.

Whats the point?

Old 14-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

I've barely filled 2GB of my 8GB memory card. Some people just don't use the storage and don't want to pay for it. With the X10 mini Android phone being massively pushed on the World Cup, there needs to be some reduced priced offerings.
Ads