All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 03-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Ah the chickenshits.....

At least he provides a name rather than talking crap from an unregistered login. Kinda like me huh...

By the way, can you or any of the others here prove him or the other posters wrong about Ovi or are you just gonna sit around like a bunch of girls and talk about it?

Old 03-06-2009, 11:55 AM
jimmyi

Talking

sapporobaby you really are pathetic backing yourself up using an unregistered alter ego

Old 03-06-2009, 12:02 PM

sapporobaby is on a distinguished road
Wow. All this because Ovi does not work right and I pointed it out? By all means unregistered and JBW are invited to prove me wrong oaf where I have made a mistake about Obi. Please site facts.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:00 PM
ovirocks

People ignore the cry baby! ovi sync rocks as long as you have half a brain to use it correctly.

The people that have the most problems are the idiots that use more than one sync service on a regular basis, particularly isync. Two way syncing with more than one service is guaranteed to cause trouble.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:34 PM

buster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
People ignore the cry baby! ovi sync rocks as long as you have half a brain to use it correctly.

The people that have the most problems are the idiots that use more than one sync service on a regular basis, particularly isync. Two way syncing with more than one service is guaranteed to cause trouble.
So people who use more than one sync method are idiots are they; how very enlightened of you. I suspect that you are not half as clever as you think you are.

I have always done one way syncing with Ovi, and only recently has the Ovi calendar started to look anything like complete... and no matter what I do, Ovi refuses to sync over 3G, only working over WiFi. I'm not saying Ovi sync is bad, but it still needs work. And, unlike you, I do have more than half a brain...

Old 03-06-2009, 06:11 PM

Hi jimmyi,

Thanks for getting a day pass from living up someone's butt to stop by but I do not need anyone to back me up. As I said from the beginning, Ovi syncing problems have been reported on more than just this site. Second, Nokia releases phones that are not supported in their own service. Can you explain this Obi Wan? Ovi has been reported to delete cal entries, remove contacts, remove contact data, or all three. I guess this is because people simply do not know how to use it right? Considering I have made tests with several phones, and not to mention again that fact that some people are saying the same things on other threads, your opinion pretty much does not count.

Oh, are you sure I'm not Buster too? Or I could even be JohnGirlWalton with a schizo problem that just likes to pick fights with myself. Maybe this is not really me now. We have no way to prove who I am. I could be jimmyi picking a fight over the fact that I am correct about Ovi not working properly, but I am using one on my many aliases (passports included) to throw everyone off in this thread. Darn, I just figured me out.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovirocks View Post

Another post from an advanced intellect I see. Hey Einstein, I did not say Ovi does not work, I said it does not work for me, and a few other people. Is the reading gene missing in your family? Tzer2 posted, correctly that Ovi works, and if he says so, I will believe him no questions asked. However, just because an anon person, or is this jimmyi, or JBW, or all three says it works does not make it so. As you and a few others seem to have reading and possible comprehension problems, I will go slowly. Ovi does not work for me....

There you go. Next time I will do pictures for you.

Oh and now that this issue has taken a life of its own, how about you geniuses that have Ovi working, provide a fix or at least an explanation for the underclass who have problems with it. Surely you do not mind sharing your infinite wisdom with the rest of the world.

Last edited by sapporobaby; 03-06-2009 at 06:18 PM.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:21 PM
suckorobaby

Hey sappybaby, so it is true that you make a fool of yourself everywhere you go on the internet.

Get a life you sad old cyber hard man.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckorobaby View Post
Hey sappybaby, so it is true that you make a fool of yourself everywhere you go on the internet.

Get a life you sad old cyber hard man.
Got a life and money to boot so I can't be doing that badly. At least I am not afraid to show myself rather than hiding in the shadows. If I have something to say I say it out in public. That much can't be said of you though huh? Don't like what I say: FOESAD. Still none of the whiners here have provided a solution for the other poster or myself but have come here to rag on me. Funny thing is, you know I can take it as well as give it so if you want to get your feelings hurt take another shot.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

Got to love the 'baby. Wind him up and watch him go and go and go and ......... Hours of entertainment from something so simple!
Ads

Old 05-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Everybody CHILL!!!

Goodness me - too many e-numbers everyone??

Here are my thoughts - oh and I am Jason for all those who worry about the fact I can't be bothered to register for one post...

Ovi is a shocker - it is clear as day - and I am sure Nokia are well aware of it. Here are my gripes:

1) I know certain apps are in the store - such as Vringo - but the search can't find them? I typed 'Full screen video ringtone' into google and one of the first links was titled Skyecaller Pro II and the link was to nokia.software.com (or something). Clicked the link and it went to the Ovi store, but not to the appropriate page or app and the search engine can't find the app - that is really poor.

2) I just signed up for Ovi and I got the settings message and saved it and Ovi was not on the menu advised by Nokia. Also terrible. Maybe they all have iPhones.

3) Burying the Sync app is ridiculous but then the entire menu system is terrible. What amazes me is they even had the iPhone to copy and they still made a terrible UI. Whoever signed off on the UI at Symbian and Nokia should be in some other job that has nothing to do with user experience. The Series 60 UI has got worse over time, not better, how is that possible from one of the biggest tech companies in the world?

4) Very few apps give me any clue what they do on the main page and I really can't dig into each one to find out - life is too short.

4) Let's assume I am (a) Stupid (b) Have no fingers (c) Never used a phone before - Bottom line is I am still a customer so anyone who is having trouble with Ovi or Sync or anything else has a perfectly valid complaint and should not be insulted.

As for the 8 year old - I've done a lot of GUI research in my time and believe me, 8-10 year olds are way faster than adults on that stuff!

Anyway - anyone who thinks Ovi is acceptable should have a quick spin on the Apple App store using an iPhone - as user excperiences go, Ovi is not even close.

Finally a note to Sapporobaby - do you really have nothing better to do than fire derisive text into the ether? Really what is the point? - I would genuinely appreciate an explanation because I honestly don't get it.

BIG LOVE!

Jason

Old 17-08-2009, 05:52 AM
Jim Turner

@ sapporobaby

thanx babe, for a nice time entertaining all of us by making yourself an idiot.. keep going..!!