All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-03-2010, 09:24 PM

tall paul is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Ovi Maps online mode problem internet connection

I had a huge amount of trouble getting Ovi Maps to connect to the internet. Here was my problem:

I had the wap and internet settings listed under 'uncategorised' somehow instead of under their proper sections. These had to be copied into their correct places and then deleted from the Uncategorised folder. Found here...

menu > settings > connectivity > destinations > Uncategorised

for example, there was nothing under 'internet', but I had my wi-fi info and sim service provider under 'Uncategorised'. Some programs that use these connections can find them even if they are under uncategorised, but Ovi Maps could not.

In Ovi Maps in settings (spanner symbol) there is an option for 'network destination' where internet or wap can be selected.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by tall paul; 14-03-2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: spooling mistooks
Ads