All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 22-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Re: the widget. Yes it does. It's called 'Share location' - look under 'S'...

Oh, and you need to restart the phone to see it. 8-)

Steve

Old 22-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

thanks Steve, found the widget after restart.

Old 22-01-2010, 05:53 PM

RogerPodacter is on a distinguished road
Can anyone help me? the lifecasting login will simply NOT accept my facebook login credentials when i click on share in ovi maps. i've tried so many times now, i even tried my nokia login info just in case. but it wont accept my facebook login. and i've triple checked. anyone know what is wrong? yes i did a reboot too.

Old 22-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerPodacter View Post
Can anyone help me? the lifecasting login will simply NOT accept my facebook login credentials when i click on share in ovi maps. i've tried so many times now, i even tried my nokia login info just in case. but it wont accept my facebook login. and i've triple checked. anyone know what is wrong? yes i did a reboot too.
This happened to me. This is not going to be very helpful but I persevered and it eventually accepted it. I have a feeling that the servers are busy, so many new users all coming on at once, it just isn't able to process all the requests.

Old 22-01-2010, 09:59 PM

RogerPodacter is on a distinguished road
ok thanks but i've been trying it for 2 days now. and also tried at all hours of the night. the servers cant be busy ALL the time.

Old 22-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerPodacter View Post
ok thanks but i've been trying it for 2 days now. and also tried at all hours of the night. the servers cant be busy ALL the time.
I couldn't get it to work yesterday on the first day, but it worked about 4th attempt today and has been OK since.

Some more advice I've found is to make sure that your Ovi account details, user name and password have the box checked to save the information before you attempt the facebook login. I had a trawl round google earlier looking for similar sufferers and there were some people testing the beta that were having the same problem.

Old 23-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

I just tried it and its brilliant as far as I am concerned. GPS found my location, clicked on share location, added a comment and photo and uploaded to Facebook. Checked my Facebook account and there it was with a link to OVI maps in Facebook, so friends could see where I was. Couldnt be easier.

This sharing location service will be great for me because I travel a lot. I can update friends about what fabulous wonder of the world I am at and even post a pic and comment while on the fly.

My only problem is where I live we dont have unlimited data plans, so too pricey really. Still could be useful on the road if I wait until I get to a cafe with wifi.

Unless I lived abroad and travel abroad, I wouldnt use it. I would just text my friends where I am and send a pic via MMS.

Old 23-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I just tried it and its brilliant as far as I am concerned. GPS found my location, clicked on share location, added a comment and photo and uploaded to Facebook. Checked my Facebook account and there it was with a link to OVI maps in Facebook, so friends could see where I was. Couldnt be easier.

This sharing location service will be great for me because I travel a lot. I can update friends about what fabulous wonder of the world I am at and even post a pic and comment while on the fly.

My only problem is where I live we dont have unlimited data plans, so too pricey really. Still could be useful on the road if I wait until I get to a cafe with wifi.

Unless I lived abroad and travel abroad, I wouldnt use it. I would just text my friends where I am and send a pic via MMS.
ps. The weather service is great too if you travel. Found me and had an accurate weather forecast. Very useful when you get off a plane.

Old 23-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Nokia seem to be suddenly hitting big again with a series of sweeteners, they seem to be turning the corner.

I see no reason for them to slow down, especially with the rumoured C series announcement imminent.

Old 24-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Nokia seem to be suddenly hitting big again with a series of sweeteners, they seem to be turning the corner.

I see no reason for them to slow down, especially with the rumoured C series announcement imminent.
Ya Nokia, just give me a nice big capacitive screen with current standard specs, a zippy OS and I'll dump my Ipod touch/N86 combo.

Old 24-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Ya Nokia, just give me a nice big capacitive screen with current standard specs, a zippy OS and I'll dump my Ipod touch/N86 combo.

Somebody did speculate that the C in C series stands for Capacitive. They are nice in normal use but a bit crap for many situations.

Anyway, I am surprised AAS hasn't covered the C series. Nokia registered the trademark at the same time they registered X series.

I've been playing more with these new map functions. Excellent work, I think that Nokia must have decided to buck up about 6 months ago and the results are now just coming through.

Worth the wait so far.
#
Ads