All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-12-2010, 03:15 PM

Hoisin is on a distinguished road
Problems with the N8

Bad Pdf Reader: Adobe Reader LE

No text reflow when zooming, jerky scrolling. In essence useless.

I don't know if there are some settings that I need to change to correct this. If there is please let me know. Or if you know of a better pdf reader that does this better, I would like to know.

Alarm Clock

The snooze button is placed right next to the off button making it very easy to hit the off button when you want to hit the snooze button. Not good.

Bad browser

Often jerky, no text reflow.

When we often have to do without the good apps that are made for Iphone and Android :( then we really need a top notch browser because we have to find what we need on the web.

I know there is a new browser comming in an update before long. I really hope it's a good one.

Btw. I don't think the Opera browsers are much better. I want more than 2 zoom levels, it doesn't always fit page to screen in landscape mode and of course I can't watch flash videos. But for some things it is better, just not good enough.

Apps I would like:

Youtube app
Imdb app

It seems there is a problem getting businesses to make apps for phones other than Iphone and Android. So in my opinion Nokia has to do it themselves. Why doesn't Nokia pick some top quality apps in different categories and port them to Qt themselves. I don't know if that is even possible, it's just an idea. I live in Denmark and there are some great apps such as the DMI app, the Rejseplanen app, Degulesider app and so on. Nokia Denmark should look into that or I don't think there is a chance at all to ever see those for Symbian. I don't mind paying money for good apps, it has to be possible to make money doing this.
Ads