All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-09-2009, 10:47 PM

dipesh2301 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy n86 4 weeks old dust under screen camera lenns cover scratches, hairline crack on len

Hello,

My n86 is around 4 weeks old a uprade from orange, there is a considerable amount of dust build up of dust under the screen and the camera lens cover scratches the lens also there is a hairline scratch on the lens, from what i have seen this does not affect picture quailty. I have no idea how this got there do you think this is covered under warrenty.Also has anyone had any experiances with orange trying to get a replacment phone I hear they are very bad?. if the lens isnt covered under warrenty to get the glass replaced how much do you think im looking at?. Also i have debranded my phone and installed the version 11 firmware, I have changed my product code back to the original. Will they check all this event tho its a hardware issue?

Thanks
Ads

Old 29-09-2009, 08:41 AM

cah1982 is on a distinguished road
well my old n95 they didnt when it was faulty slider. and my phone before that i couldnt change product code back as it wudnt turn on.

Having said this others have had issues , depends how fussy there been. generally o2 swop there n then when dhl deliver it . so depends on your repaire center