All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Angry don't upgrade

see above "access to the integral 8GB flash memory disk has been improved" hahahaha. Since this update recording videos with the 5 Megapixel camera with storage on the "external" card on my N958GB does not work properly anymore. Starting somewhat 10s into the video the video keeps stopping and the file when played back shows the same problem. Have seen in a forum that I am not the only one having that problem. When I disconnect the USB after beeing in data transfer mode the phone hangs a few seconds later and I need to take out the battery. Shame on Nokia for releasing such a crap software on this "top of the line" device. That is not even alpha status.
Defragmenting (which took a whole night) helped for a couple of days but then the problem was back. On top of that only 3GB are used on the card and I don't even want to think what would happen when the card gets close to beeing full. 15.0.015 clearly has a bug here (lots of entries on different websites) and only Nokia R&D can and hopfull will fix this soon. Nokia should not sell phones with 8GB when they are not able to write a OS that can properly handle this. Try putting a 1GB file on the external memory. After the download is finished, the next 5 Minutes memory handling is totally out of hand and every application that uses the external memory takes for ever. I had a good laugh when I heard what kind of memory the N96 is supposed to have. I hope the N96 CPU has minimum 4 times the N958GB CPU power or a lot of people will be quite disappointed.

Old 29-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Applications won't load after reinstalling

Has anyone else had problems with applications not loading. I've tried restoring through backup, reinstalling, reinstalling the firmware, changing the product code and then reinstalling firmware. The same problem occurs. Application installs and when selecting it nothing happens.

This has happened with nokmote, rotateme, fring, shakeme and others..... any ideas what this could be. I've not come across this on any other forums.
Ads