All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-07-2009, 01:45 PM

oranabana is on a distinguished road
Question changing Nokia E60 to Chinese from European

Hi all...

recently I tried to find some info on how to change my Nokia (unbranded, unlocked) from UK firmware to Singapore or Chinese. I need this as I like my phone to work not just reading and writing mandarin sms, but also for the whole system and to get the built in dictonairy.

I have found a link (but lost it since) where it is mentioned that the product code needs changing in order for the phone to pick up another regions firmware. I have since found various info (non reliable) and tried by using NSS (Nemisis) with the USB cable and Nokia PC Suite (latest version). However I cannot get beyond Nemisis recognising the phone. Each time I do a 'Scan' I get an error - so never actually get to read any values.

If someone can point me to a step by step guide, that would be fantastic. Alternatively if you know of another way to get the Singapore firmware onto the phone, that be great. All is backed up, but I don't have the following:

- a Singapore (or Chinese) product code
- software that lets me change the product code reliably using the CA-23 USB cable
- firmware version needed to get Chinese (Mandarin not Cantonese [traditional]) running on the phone

Any help is much appreciated...

XieXie - Thanks

PS I did search, but cannot find the right info here or anywhere else, so forgive me if this is somewhere hidden amongst this forum

Old 12-08-2009, 06:13 AM

jerry1989 is on a distinguished road
i know that here in china,we use a software called pheonix(in chinese)

we use it for debranding,upgrating

i`ve already changed a phone into chinese with it

are u a chinese?
Ads

Old 12-08-2009, 04:10 PM

hey Jerry, thanks for the reply. I am in China and have tried the Phoenix software, but it is not working for me (cannot read the phones values, even though it does see the phone). I may be better off, just going to one of th shops in Beijing and get it redone into a Chinese system.

If you know of any places that offer this for less than RMB 100 please let me know. I am in Andingmen in the centre of Beijing, but anywhere within the North 3rd ringroad is ok.

Alternatively, if you know what I maybe missing on this Phoenix software, please let me know. Also I don;t have a Singapore of China product code at present, which I believe I need to get this to work properly...

Old 14-08-2009, 01:41 AM

jerry1989 is on a distinguished road
Nokia E60 RM-49
0524270 CTR Thailand(country) Silver(color)
0524271 CTR Indonesia Silver
0524272 CTR India Silver
0524274 CTR APAC 2(regional code) Silver
0524275 CTR APAC 1 Silver
0524276 CTR APAC 3 Silver
0526765 CTR APAC 1 Black
0526766 CTR Thailand Black
0526767 CTR APAC 3 Grey

i dont know which one you want ,maybe 0524275 CTR APAC 1 Silver,this is for singapore

i`m now living in yangshuo,not beijing ,so i dont know whether u can do that.

maybe u will be extorted in china

maybe you will be extorted

you got a QQ ID? my ID is 398219939,add me if u want~

msn:hehanrong@msn.cn

Old 29-08-2009, 11:56 AM

hey, I got the Phoenix software and it recognises the phone, but I cannot seem to write any new product code using: Flashing>Firmware Update.

any ideas?!

Old 14-09-2009, 03:53 AM

Ok, thanks to help from your folks here and elsewhere I have managed to change the product code to the Singapore one. So far so good. However the Nokia Software Upgrader does tell me now that there is no later software/firmware available for this phone (presumably the current v3.x is more recent than the Singapore v2.x).

Is there any place I can download the latest Singapore version manually. I imagine I could then use Pheonix to manually downgrade the firmware?

Any other thoughts most welcome, feeling a bit stuck here.
Thanks

Old 13-10-2009, 03:43 PM

adekdudut is on a distinguished road
Mr.Oranabana, can you please tell where to get the phoenix software and the step to change the phone so that can support read / write chinese fonts..??

I'm just moved to chinese company and I need this chinese font feature installed on my phone so that I can communicate with other colleagues.. Thank you very much for all of your information.. Thanks...

Old 26-10-2009, 07:06 PM

bit of an update

although I have finally gotten JAF flashing to work, it seems impossible to really get a chinese system onto this phone. The current firmware is at 3.0633.09.04 but the last firmware that included Chinese is: 2.0618.06.05. Since I cannot find any information as to whether downgrading will work on this phone, I have no alternative but as to buy a new phone (around 250RMB for a basic Nokia). Its a pain that Nokia cannot provide proper support for their products.

now looking for a Nokia E52, but looking at all the negative experiences by hundreds of users (just look on gmsarena.com) and I cannot really say I am looking forward to another Nokia.

Can anyone confirm about downgrading a Nokia E60-1 (RM-49) using JAF without the box and USB cable CA-53?

Or is there any other way to get Chinese characters recognised on this phone???

Thanks