All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-04-2013, 03:26 AM

jchang28 is on a distinguished road
Nokia Maps and here.com collections no longer syncing

My location collections on Nokia here.com was syncing correctly until a few days ago.
The new locations no longer appear in my favorites list on the phone although the sync was complete.

Anyone else has experienced this?
Ads

Old 09-04-2013, 05:55 AM

cemkara is on a distinguished road
Yes, but I was lucky to find out that after 1) logging out from here.com, 2) disconnecting phone from PC and also from home Wi-Fi, 3) closing all maps related applications on the phone by Stop application, 4) Shutting down the phone and restarting it, 5) logging in to here.com, 6) connecting to home Wi-Fi, 7) starting maps and synching again, did the trick. I guess that deleting or adding different favorites on two places (I mean phone and here.com) causes this. It seems safe, as a principle, to keep and manipulate the collections and favorites only on here.com and synching only through a reliable, healthy Wi-Fi connection. If need arises and you define new favorites or collections on the run, then do not delete anything until you resynch. If this approach does not work, try to delete all definitions in one place, log out and then in, close maps, Stop maps, and restart it on the phone, and try synching again. You may loose some or all your definitions, but you can at least continue using here.com properly afterwards. Beware ... all might be lost! If they are too many to risk, then wait for a better solution.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:44 AM

jchang28 is on a distinguished road
Thanks cemkara, took your advise and seems to work! I did lose my collection groups, but the places are all there. Just had to manually re-organize them back into collection groups.