All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-06-2009, 07:30 PM

Stal is on a distinguished road
Podcast help on E71

Hi all, wondered if anyone was able to offer some advice on watching video podcasts on my E71.

I used to watch some video podcasts on my e61 and e61i such as geekbrief.tv, mobuzz tv and (obviously) the smartphone show

Since getting my E71 sometime ago i havnt been able to watch these anymore :( they download fine but only audio plays. Ive tried all the different formats of the geekbrief.tv but none seem to work on the E71.

Im wondering if its something to do with the smaller screen on the e71 maybe not supporting some of the resolutions of the videos? If that is the case, can anyone recommend a video player which is likely to be able to play them? I really dont want to have to do conversions on my pc.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance

Old 01-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stal View Post
Hi all, wondered if anyone was able to offer some advice on watching video podcasts on my E71.

I used to watch some video podcasts on my e61 and e61i such as geekbrief.tv, mobuzz tv and (obviously) the smartphone show

Since getting my E71 sometime ago i havnt been able to watch these anymore :( they download fine but only audio plays. Ive tried all the different formats of the geekbrief.tv but none seem to work on the E71.

Im wondering if its something to do with the smaller screen on the e71 maybe not supporting some of the resolutions of the videos? If that is the case, can anyone recommend a video player which is likely to be able to play them? I really dont want to have to do conversions on my pc.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance
Sounds like you're subscribed to the high resolution version of each show. These are often also encoded in a different flavour of MP4.

For example, make sure you follow the QVGA version of The Phones Show and you'll find the E71 can handle that (low bit rate, generic codec) much better.

Steve

Old 04-07-2009, 08:17 AM

Stal is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the reply Steve, I appreciate your help. :-)

Your right, I thought I'd tried all different versions but obviously not! I've now got them all working fine again and am currently catching up on your videos ;-)

Keep up the good work!